Will my Implants Even Out, and Will my Scar Get Better? Please Help!

I had breast augmentation revision about 2 weeks ago. I was left with uneven breasts, and a terrible scar under my right breast. The scar pulls in certain spots and has indentations that look like some sort of holes that go in. Will they even out, even though the creases are about an inch different? The doctor has me wearing a ace bandage in an eight configuration, where it goes over the higher breast, and under the lower breast. The revision was done to correct rippling and bottoming out.

Breast Implant Revision Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Given that you're only 2 weeks out of your surgery you should expect the appearance of the scars to improve significantly with time. Swelling will resolve and the breast implants will take their final position several months after surgery. Until that point you should continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Only then will you be able to evaluate the results of surgery and discuss questions and concerns with him/her.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Uneven breasts

+1

I think you are so early in the healing phase i would just sit tight and wait.The scars will take time to mature but in the end I think all will be well.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell.

+1

After reaugmentation with large implants, swelling is common and disfiguration of the incisions can occur. Compression wraps can help hasten the resolution of swelling which improves the scars. Not certain of which photo is preop, but from your description it sounds as though the uneven photo is postoperative. Concerns for asymmetry following breast surgery include hematomas and seromas, as well as uneven swelling. Recommend close follow up with your plastic surgeon and strict adherence to postoperative instructions.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Wait before you judge

+1

I know it's hard to do, but for now, you just have to take a deep breath and close your eyes to the way your breasts look for a while. It is still way too early to judge how they will appear a few months from now. Alot will change as the swelling resolves and the breasts settle into their positions. After three months you will be in a much better position to evaluate them and at that time, if you still need a breast revision, you can discuss that with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-revision-westchester-ny/

Please wait

+1
You just had surgery and too early to discuss the scar. You have very large implant and you will have the same problem with bottoming out. I do not know if you got bigger implant during revision or it is the swelling that makes your breast to look big. You had lift before and I would say that you should be aware that you will need revisions later on.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision case

+1

Dear concerned breast revision Gal,

Take a deep breath! We as plastic surgeons understand that patients that have had problems and undergo revisions often get a little nervous trying to better control there surgery the second or third go around. There really is nothing you can do at this point except wait for the implants and the scars to mature. At six weeks the scars will be their worst. This is normal scar maturation. It's impossible to definitively say anything at two weeks unless you have an obvious hematoma or infection. Neither of these seems to be the case. Give it some time. It seems the larger incision had something to do with how the surgeon felt the bottoming out needed to be addressed. In my practice the vast majority of the time we handle bottoming out internally and do not excise any skin externally. The scar may need to be a bit larger than the original surgery but not much. We call the surgery a capsulorraphy. Occasionally I will use an acellular dermis allograft to revise a breast.

Things will improve a lot in 6 - 8 weeks.