Do I Need to Get Breast Implants Removed?

2 weeks ago I got BA (silicone 375CC about a mid C size) and I weigh 105 and 5'2 tall..after having 2 breastfeed kids and losing lots of weight I have very little/thin breast tissue on bottom of both breasts. I see and feel major rippling on bottom of both breasts (which I was told silicone wouldnt do). I am concerned because of it being so thin that implants will fall out? Will these have to be removed? I am very worried...I can feel them shake when I walk with no bra....see bottom breast pic

Thin breast tissue covering an implant

+1

The problem is the relatively minimal amount of tissue covering your implant. It is truly difficult to increase this thickness naturally. The use of Acellular dermal matrix is an option but it is quite expensive. Alternatives include implant removal and replacement with a cohesive gel or with autogenous tissue.  

Breast implants

+1

It is difficult to see from the photos what is going on. If you have some rippling in the lower pole, this is fairly common because it is often thinner there.

Having breast implants removed

+1

It is difficult to visualize well from the photo but I cannot see any reason to remove the device.  If that were a case you should see your surgeon for a cosult about the appropriate managment.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Implant problems

+1

From your photo, I see no reason to remove the implants at this time.  Silicone implants CAN ripple, just tends to do so less than saline.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast Implant Removal - 2 Weeks Too Early?

+1

It is not unsual for some women to have very little breast tissue/ thin tissues over the implants.  It is rare for them to come through the breast tissue itself, but if you are having questions, you should really address it with your surgeon.  Unfortunately, it is just a myth that the silicone implants do not ripple.  They can ripple just like the saline implants, but they generally do not feel as sharp or prominent as the saline implants since they have the silcone gel behind them.  The less tissue you have of your own, the more you are going to feel the implant, and when you are really thin, there is almost no way to mask the implant completely.  I hopethis helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon