How Soon Can I Have Implants Removed and What Will Be the Result?

I had HP 400 cc implanted 2 1/2 weeks ago and I want them removed. I do not want any implants in my body. They are not for me. I'm 27 5'6" 118 lbs very healthy with good skin elasticity. I want my natural breast back. I'm afraid after removal I will be left with saggy breast and loose skin.

Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Technically the breast implants can be removed at any time. However, you should have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon regarding your motivation for implant removal and see if waiting for a period  of a few months would be in your best interests.

Removal of implants

+1

The sooner you have them removed if that is what you want the more likely they will go back to what they looked like before you had them done.

Breast implant removal (explantation) and appearance 3 weeks after placement

+1

Removal of the implant this soon after the implantation would likely mean that your breast would return to a close facsimile of the original appearance.

Return to your surgeon for options

+1

This is an interesting problem.  I go through a very detailed consult which is designed to make sure the I am on the same page as the patient when it comes to placing implants.  I don't feel like the whole story is being detailed here.  I am bothered by this course of events though.  You should return to your surgeon for your options.  Of course implant removal is always an option.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Removal of Breast Implants

+1

There is lack of communication with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery, or you have had the implants for the wrong reason.

However this time you need a full discussion regarding explantation and the consequences, as well as the expectations, potential risks , including psychological impact. May be you need to talk to a psychiatrist before the explantation about the original surgery , the explantation and body image issues.

The earlier the explant the better, but NO QUARANTEES OR WARRANTEES to the result regardless of time of explant.

Breast Implant removal

+1

I would recommend that you go back and talk to your plastic surgeon again.  It is probably best to have them removed soon.  That way, you can avoid stretching of your breast tissue.    Implant removal is a relatively easy procedure and can even be done under local anesthesia.  You may however need a drain at this stage.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast implant removal

+1

Certainly this is an unusual situation because most people have thought considerably about implants before having them.  But they are easily removed.  If you do it relatively soon you shouldn't have any lost elasticity.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Implant removal Timing

+1

In reality, you can remove the implants at any time.  Certainly, the quicker you remove them after surgery, the better chance there is for everything to bounce back to where they were before.  I would discuss this with your surgeon - it is not unusual for patients to have some drastic mood swings for a few weeks after surgery.  Some patients even feel just as you do and call it the "boobie blues".  I usually ask them to wait a full month before we make any sort of decision, because it really is rare that once all the healing has taken place, the swelling has gone down, and the breasts have formed their natural shape, that a patient then wants them out.  I hope this helps

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Can implants be removed?

+1

I'm sorry you are not happy after your surgery. I think it is most appropriate that you speak directly with your plastic surgeon about removing them. Your skin will have stretched somewhat but without seeing you it is hard to predict, it is hard to predict even with seeing you. The fact they have only been there for 2 weeks will help with some skin retraction.

Please see your plastic surgeon for their advice.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS