Asymmetry After Implant Replacement

Hello. Had implants removed (after 22 years) Felt it was overdue to change them. Had smaller implants put in, with a mastoplexy about two months ago. Am so sad about the asymmetry. One breast looks like a B and other like C with uneven nipple height. I waited so long to do this surgery, and am so disappointed. I just haven't seen anything change in those weeks. I feel so embarrassed and am afraid to wear a t shirt, because they look so different. The doctor tells me to wait and be patient, but it is hard to not feel this badly. I don't even want my husband to see me. What would a surgeon do to revise this problem? Thanks. Very sadly, me.

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

At two months psot-operative, isome of the asymmetry you see may be still from swelling.  You should really give it 4-6 months to see how they respond over this period.  Revisions can always be done when things have settled down.

Breast Revision Surgery

+1

This is a complex subject as so many variables can result in breast asymmetry early after breast revision surgery. In general you would expect to see a significant improvement early on. I would recommend asking your surgeon if at this stage any specific actions should be taken such as use of a bandeau, gentle massage or shoulder rolls, or specialized support bra. Frequent visits to your surgeon are recommended to keep your lines of communication open, as your surgeon wants nothing more than complete success in each case. I recommend getting a second opinion within the first four to six months, if nothing improves, to prepare for any tertiary revisions, if at all necessary. Wish you all the best.

S. Daniel Golshani, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

+1

I would agree to be patient for the healing to occur.  If after 3 months nothing has changed, you may need another surgery to correct the problems.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who is comfortable doing these types of cases.  So don't worry there is hope.

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery after implant replacement and lift

+1

Every situation is different  and no one can give you definitive advice without seeing you personally. Having said that, I am sure your plastic surgeon wants a good result for you and will discuss options for revision.

Richard Baxter, MD