I Had my Implants Removed and still have nerve pain

I had my implants removed 15 months ago and I still have nerve pain that wraps all the way around my body just under my breast. The scars are still quite thick regardless of injections Dr did and every scar concoction out there I've used and hard massaging I have done quite often. This pain keeps me from wearing a bra still 15 months later and I cannot stand up or sit up past 4 in the afternoon because the front and back pain is so intense despite every pain med out there I am still crying. Dr just sloughs me off and says oh you don't need a bra now, you look great and walks out the door!

Pain After Implant Removal

+3

I am very sorry to hear of your persistent pain.

Because your situation is so unusual, I would suggest getting second opinions from another experienced plastic surgeon and a pain specialist.

I hope you find relief.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Nerve pain after breast surgery

+1

I would recommend seeing a peripheral nerve specialist for this.  Dr. Eric Williams is an expert at this.  He is in Baltimore, Maryland, but he is worth the trip!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Nerve pain and/or scar pain

+1

It is difficult to ascertain if you have scar pain due to hypertrophic scarring which can be treated with various protocols ranging from Kenalog, botulinoum tonin, 5 fluoro-uracil. IF it is nerve pain, there may be a couple options using nerve distraction and (desensitization therapy).

Breast pain

+1

It sounds like you have pain at the incision. If this is persistent, you may wna to see a pain doctor to evaluate and treat and possibly help you through the pain.

Breast pain

+1

Breast pain is a known complication of breast augmenttaion and may relate to infection, capsular contracture, neuroma formation, etc. It is important to know more about your medical history.  For example, if your implants were removed barest pain due to capsular contracture, the nerve may still be involved in the scar tissue surrounding it.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast pain after implant removal

+1

You do not mention why your implants were removed. Did you have an infection where there is still residual inflamation? Typically, pain ( including pins and needle feelings) usually has resolved after several months. I have found for neurologic pain, sometimes Neurontin is helpful.  

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1
Unfortunately, pain is difficult to gauge. The cause of the pain is difficult to determine too. Could there be a capsule still inside? Perhaps, nerves were stretched at the time of removal (unavoidable)? I don't have an answer.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Nerve pain after breast aug

+1

Pain after breast augmentation can happen but it typically doesn't stay.  Your case may have a nerve issue or scar issue internally causing it.  Hopefully time will improve it, otherwise an etiology must be discovered.  Pain specialists while this is being investigated can help.  Good luck.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD