Breast Implant Removal - Does Scar Capsule Need to Be Removed?

I just had my implants put in a week ago. I am scheduled to have them removed in 2 weeks. Will it be necessary to remove the scar capsule since it has been such a short time since they were inserted? What are the benefits of removing the scar capsule?

Capsulectomy with Breast Implant Removal?

+1

If your breasts implant capsules are soft and asymptomatic,  there are no benefits to having them removed.  Best wishes.

Removal of breast implants and other procedures

+1

Since it's only been 3 weeks since your surgery, I don't think you'll need capsule removal.  However, it's hard to say without actually seeing you in person.

Breast implant removal and capsulectomy

+1

With such a limited amount of time being in place, it is my opinion you would not benefit from a capsulectomy or en bloc removal of the capsule/

Explantation Breast Implant

+1

Breast implant capsule start to form in 4-6 weeks.

If there is capsule then IT SHOULD BE REMOVED. The body does not absorb it always, and can fill with fluid. (many reports in the literature)

You are too early and probably do not have a well developed capsule, so you do not need that.

Follow you Physician"s advise

Removing breast implants

+1

With your implants in such a short time, there is really no great reason to remove the scar capsules.  You should heal just fine with them still in place.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast Capsules and Implant Removal

+1

If you have having your implants removed and it is only because you are unhappy with them then removal of the breast capsule is not necessary.   The body will simply dissolve the capsule.

Dr. ES

Re: Breast implant removal - does scar capsule need to be removed?

+1

It is unfortunate that you are having to have your implants removed just after having undergone the surgery, but it is totally unnecessary to remove whatever capsule may have formed in your short post operative time frame. Even after years, you only need to remove a small portion of the capsule and the body seals the potential dead space nicely. I also have never had the need to use drains.

Implant removal

+1

It is unlikely that you wil lneed to have the breast implant capsule removed if you are having your implants removed.