How Long Until I Will See The Final Results After Mandibular Implants?

I had mandibular implants pre-jowl implants put in around 10 days ago , how long must I wait to see the final results because at the moment I am very afraid and disappointed by the results .

Recovery after mandibular (jaw) implants

+2

It usually takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks for the majority of swelling to resolve, so 10 days postoperatively is definitely too early to judge the results.  The full resolution of edema and settling of the soft tissues around the implant takes even longer, in some instances up to one year. These changes are gradual, may not be visible on a daily bases, however you will see a difference when you compare the chin appearance over a period of several months. So, if this is just the swelling that concerns you at present, I would wait it out. However, if you feel that the implant has shifted, became asymmetric, or causing a significant discomfort, then you should consult your surgeon.

It will be months.

+1

Facial implants take a great deal of time to heal.  There is always a slow resolution of swelling following the placement of implants.  10 days is extremely early and patience is needed here.  If you are experiencing something unexpected, please let your surgeon know so they can assess what is going on.