Is It Ok to Have Implants Put Back in After a Year?

Aug 2011 I had saline implants under the muscle.In three weeks my left breast was getting CC.I was put on Keflex and took it off and on for 5 months. In Jan 2012 I had it removed the implant was removed washed and the capsule removed.After three weeks the same thing happend a CBC was done and was within the normal limits never a fever .I had the scar tissue broken up and within weeks noticed I had a hole under my breast and the implant was removed now on doxycycl.Never a bad cbc,fever or culture

Safety of having an Breast Implant put in a YEAR after removal for Capsular Contracture

+1

As many as 15% of Breast Augmentations are complicated by severe scarring around the implants resulting in "fake", tight, round implants. These capsular contractures have been associated with foreign bodies in the implant pocket, bleeding but most commonly with overt and sublinical infection of the implants. It is thought that bacteria circulating in the blood stream (from an infection elsewhere (such as urinary tract infection) or from something as subtle as a dental procedure) can seed the implant resulting in creation of an antibiotic resistant layer - BIOFILM, which persists and results in vague symptoms and progressively tighter scarring.  In the vast majority of cases, the blood count (CBC) is normal or borderline normal without a high white count. 

The success of placing a breast implant back in anyone would depend on placing them in a fresh, bacteria-free implant pocket. The best person to present you with the odds of success is your surgeon. Please, remember; Scarring around breast implants is associated with a high rate of recurrence and the recurrence rate of scarring in a once scarred breast implant is even higher. 

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Breast

+1

Having your implants placed back after one year sounds good if that’s what you want. You need to make sure you address your concerns with your surgeon.