Implants Are Okay, but Natural Breast Tissue is Uneven. How Can It Be Fixed? (photo)

I received a breast augmentation in July of 2009. Before the operation my right breast was larger than my left and my surgeon said he would do his best to even them out. Unfortunately, there is hardly any natural breast tissue on the upper half of my left breast which wasn't fixed by the procedure. I received 400cc (left) and 375cc (right) round saline mentor implants. Is there anything that can be done to fix the "natural" breast tissue? because replacing the implants doesn't seem appropriate

Natural breast tissue

+1

When placing implants, the implant even if filled with different amounts of fluid do not always fill the gap. No two breasts are exaclty the same.  If you feel hollowing in the upper pole more in one breast than the other, it is possible that fat grafting may be helpful.  But no guarantee.  Of course an exam is essential.

Fat injections and Alloderm can fill out top of left breast.

+1

Hi.

Of course it is hard to be sure without actually seeing you, but these are two good possibilities.  Alloderm can cover the top of the implant pocket.  And fat transfer can fill the depression around the top of the breast implant.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Please send your pictures without bra

+1

Implants will fix the issues with the breast tissue as stated by Dr. Gutowski. You may have other issues like capsular contracture and implant displacement. Please send pictures with bra. fat grafting can help to add volume to the breast tissue to cover the implant edges.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Natural Breast Tissue After Augmentation

+1

Breast implants do not correct any breast tissue asymmetries, they only change the volume and shape. You may discuss this with your surgeon and perhaps a fat injection may be considered.  

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon