So Having Implants Do I Need a Lift? (photo)

Looking at getting implants can't really afford a lift so wondering if it looks like I need them . I breast feed and went from d/dd to a ff/g and this has caused me to lose the volume at the top which is what I want to regain fr surgery although I want to look natural my boobs have never been upto my chin in a perky position only in a bra . Input appreciated thanks I've upload front and side view . Sternum to nipple is 22-22.5 cms

Breastlift

+1

When you have some drooping of the breasts, a lift is always a possibility.  An exam by a qualified plastic surgeon will be the best way to discuss your options.  An augmentation without a lift may give you rounded volume to the breast but your nipples will be positioned lower on the breast mound.  Ultimately you will need to decide if additional scars are acceptable to you with a lift procedure.  An exam by your surgeon may be more definitive to help you understand if a lift is a necessity.  I hope this information is helpful.

Is a lift required?

+1

It depends on what your expectations are... if you want perfect, a lift is mandatory.  If you're willing to live less then perfect but better volume, you do not need a lift.  So the real answer lies in what you desire and expect.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I need a lift?

+1

Hi. Thank you for your question.

I would say yes, a lift would be recommended.  With just the photos to determine it's difficult to be 100% sure, but it does appear that a lift is going to give you the best results.  Without a lift your result could be one where the implant appears high and the breast is still dropping off of the implant. 

Earl H. Parrish, MD (retired)
Medford Plastic Surgeon

+1

You really should save the money and do a lift. If you came to my office I would recommend waiting to do them both at the same time!!! Better to save up and do the right operation.....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will I look ok without a breast lift?

+1
Hi Lucy, Thank you for your question and photos. Sadly, you will not have a nice shape without a lift. You will have the desired volume, but you will have skin and nipple hanging off the implants. While this will look good in a bra, it will not look good out of a bra. Also, since your right breast skin envelope is larger than the left, the skin will hang asymmetrically. A well executed breast lift will correct these issues. One possible recommendation you might consider if you can not afford a combination procedure at this time, is to get the lift. Even if you do not have increased size, you will have a much better shape, and can always do a simple augmentation later on. Choose your plastic surgeon wisely though. Slightly more expensive is cheaper in the log run if you do not have to do a revision later on. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

So Having Implants Do I Need a Lift?

+1

Thanks for the questions and posting photos. I have an issue with the measurements you state. From my reviewing and extrapolating the cm distances I do not believe you are 22-23 cm from sternal notch to nipples. I think you are more in the 25 to 26 cm range. Thus you NEED a lifting in my opinion based upon the photos. 

Lift with implants

+1

Implants only fill the volume up. They do not lift the breasts.  It looks like from the posted photos that you may need a lift.  Best to be seen in person.

Breast Lift with Augmentation

+1

From your pictures, it appears as if you do need a lift to provide optimal cosmesis. However, if this is out of your reach, you could do only the implant enlargement. You will still have the droop, but you can correct it with a bra. If you later decide that this is not acceptable, you can always have the lift at a later time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

You Will Need a Lift

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Despite the numbers, when I look at you I believe that your breast tissue will still be droopy over an implant and a lift would be necessary.  Give several recommendations by scheduling consults with board certified plastic surgeons.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Your photos do indicate a moderate degree of ptosis and you would benefit from a breast lift in addition to augmentation.  If, however, you decide against a lift and understand that an augmentation alone is not ideal, you may want to consider a shaped silicone implant under the muscle to help give you some upper pole fullness.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon