I'm Having Implants but Do I Need a Lift? (photo)

So I'm having inplants don't really want lift but do i need it ?

Breast implants alone or breast lift?

+1

I see a lot of women with a similar appearance and similar questions and concerns. You are not alone! Think of it this way: the weight of the breast tissue you already have has caused the bottom of your breasts to stretch. If you add a breast implant, you're adding more weight. For instance, a 400 cc implant will add about a pound (per breast). Almost certainly this will cause more stretching along the bottom. You might benefit from a procedure to tighten the tissues along the bottom of the breasts, perhaps also elevating the nipple just a little bit. The thought of the scars is scary, but they typically fade over time. Shapely, proportional breasts with faded scars generally make people much happier over the years than breasts that are too big and too low.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift

+1

While I understand your reluctance to have a breast lift if you can get a good results with implants alone, from the picture you provided it seems likely that you would be unhappy with results of an implant only procedure.

You should discuss this with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to make sure that the correct options for your situation are covered. If you are unsure of the plan with your present surgeon, see someone for a second opinion before proceeding.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

I'm Having Implants but Do I Need a Lift?

+1

Sorrry to say you absolutely will need a lifting with implants. Please seek in person evaluations so a boarded PS can explain to you all your options. 

You Need a Lift

+1

Thanks for the picture.  I believe that one the implants are placed the breast tissues will hang off of the implant. You will need a lift to make sure that the implants and breast are in the same place.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

To lift or not to lift?

+1

Thank you for your photo.

It appears you would need a lift to avoid the dreaded ''double-bubble" effect which is not a pretty look. I suggest you follow the breast augmentation blog on this site to find the common trap women fall into when they only undergo breast augmentation without a lift. I know that most women dread the scarring associated with the traditional lifts; and rightly so. There is, however, an established technique that does not require implants nor multiple scars to achieve upper pole fullness. I encourage you to research the Ultimate Breast Lift techniques. You will be impressed.

Kind regards,

Dr.H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Hi Lucy,

Without an exam, measurements and a lateral view it is difficult to provide specific recommendations.  It does appear you would need a lift with implants.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

I'm Having Implants but Do I Need a Lift

+1

In reviewing just the frontal view I think you will need a lift in order to get some fullness and projection to your breasts. Please see a board certified Plastic Surgeon for your consultation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recommended

+1

Dear Lucy, 

Thank you for the question and the photo. I would have liked to see a profile photo of your breasts to give you better advice but it seems from this photo that you could benefit from a lift using the lollipop incision.

The vertical lift technique will help elevate and maintain the fullness in the upper part of your breasts. The results of the lift are longer lasting than an implant alone because they counteract the weight of the implant.

Best of luck...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

You will get better result with the lift

+1

You have large areola,poor skin tone and low position breast tissue. You will need to have lift with the augmentation or get the lift first and implant later. Implants will make your breast bigger,but they will be too low .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. The purpose of your procedure is to restore a natural look for your breasts. When the breasts ride low on your chest wall, the augmentation alone does not solve the problem. The lift with an augmentation is a better choice. Discuss this with your surgeon Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon