Deflated Breasts - Implants Only? Or is a Lift Required?

I do not like the deflated appearance of my breasts. My goal is to restore my formerly fuller bustline with minimal scarring. Taking into account the pale tone of my areola, and that nipple placement per se is not one of my primary concerns, to what extent might scarring left by a peri-areola lift be a worthwhile tradeoff? Also I have not had children, but plan to be a mother and breastfeed in future. Thus any procedure which carries a high risk of jeopardizing this ability is unacceptable.

Breast implants with no breast lift

+2

Based on your photos and your current situation, I would recommend only breast augmentation at this time.  I would recommend a subpectoral, inframammary incision which will optimize your ability to breast feed in the future. When you're done having children, you may need a lift at that time-but a plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate you to determine if that is necessary.

Dr.Bruno

No lifting needed

+2

In my opinion you do not need any kind of breast lifting.  I rarely do a "peri-areolar lift" because the areolas stretch and often do not stay round.  I would definitely place your implants in a subpectoral position.  Depending on what your breasts do during your pregnancy and breast feeding you may need lifts someday, but you can enjoy larger breasts and less scars until then.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Options for Breast Enlargement

+2

I great option for your may be a dual plane breast augmentation with either silicone or saline implants.    based on your photos, I do not think you need a breast lift or mastopexy procedure.  So if your goal is volume restoration, then the solution would be a breast augmentation only.   This simplifies your treatment plan.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

You can get a great result with augmentation only

+2
Your nipple does not point downward and you will have a good result with submuscular breast augmentation. Please avoid cirumaerolar lift and find a surgeon that can do augmentation without lift. You will need lift later on and best would be after finishing with pregnancy.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, lift, breast feed

+2

Breast Augmentation without a lift would likely be my choice for you, based on your desires and photos. Implants would give you the desired increase in volume.

You will likely have some additional sag after child bearing and can undergo a lift procedure after you are done with pregnancy and breast feeding. Breast augmentation will not alter your ability to breast feed.

Aysel Sanderson, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with or without a lift

+2

Hi, 

From the photos that you provided it appears you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with a high profile implant that can achieve the breast lift as well. 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Augmentation and lift?

+2

From your photos it is difficult to say for sure, but if I were to do a lift, it would only be a circumareola to perhaps lift the areola and remove some skin from below. I can't really say without an exam.

A breast augmentation

+2

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation - your nipple position is good and an implant will help give you that fuller rounder look with great cleavage and minimal scarring!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant or Uplift?

+2

I would not recommend that you take on the extra scarring and complications associated with an uplift.  You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

From your photo especially of you are not concerned about nipple position all you need is an augmentation of volume restoration and toning of the tissues.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS