Will Implants Lift my Breast or Do I Need Lift Too? (photo)

I was originally thinking of lift only but after reading a lot about lift complication and scarring, I am now thinking of implant to solve my sagging. Will it work?

Will Implants Lift my Breast or Do I Need Lift Too?

+2

Although this is only one image, a breast lift would appear to give you a better result.  If you are happy with the size of your breasts, a breast lift by itself would suffice.  If you would like more size or volume as well as more superior pole fullness, an implant could be added at the time of the lift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift with Implants

+2

Any efforts at breast augmentation without a concomitant lift will result in an unhappy outcome. Implants have no ability to lift the breast, they merely take what you have and make it bigger which in your case means bigger and lower.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Need a breast lift

+2

There is no question that if you are seeking improvement of your breasts you need a lift.  A breast implant alone will not solve your degree of sagging.  Educate yourself about the difference between a lift and breast augmentation.  Understand what each operation can and can not do.  

A lift too...

+2

You really do need the lift...Just implants are not a possibility....You'll be so much happier to have them up....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants will not lift saggy breasts

+2

You need a breast lift and would also benefit from a small breast implant. Breast implants cannot 'lift' the breast on their own - they merely provide breast volume. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast lift needed

+2

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You will likely not be happy if you do not undergo a breast lifting procedure. While scars are always the concern, properly placed minimal incision breast lifting procedures will minimize these and the shape of your breasts will certainly trump well healed scars. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Implants Do Not Lift Sagging Breasts

+2

You will not be happy with the appearance of your breasts with implants alone.  You will need a lift as well. Surgeons expert in breast lifts can create a beautiful result with the best possible scarring. The appearance of scarring is a combination of the patient's genetic predisposition, the anatomic location of the scar, and the quality of the surgeon's incisions. In my practice, some the best scars are on African-American women's breasts.

Visit a few highly reputable surgeons that specialize in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.  Look at their before and after photos.  If you still feel that you are uncertain about a lift, you should do nothing at all rather than implants alone. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Breast Implants

+2

Based on the photos, placing an implant alone will give you a larger breast without any lift. In fact, because the breast is now larger, you will be at risk for even more sagging with time due to gravity.  Unfortunately some physicians treat a breast like yours by placing a large implant to try to "fill out the skin" and it invariably leads to an unsatisfactory result. Find a board certified  plastic surgeon in your area and look at some after results of patients who are similar to you. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants don't lift breasts

+2

Breast sagging needs a breast lift to correct.  Scars are a trade off for shapelier breasts.  Implants can be used along with a lift to increase size of breasts if desired.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast impla with or without litf?

+2

In relation to your question i recomend implants with a breast lift. Because if you dont you would have to use a oversized implant to try to compensate the saggines that wound only be a momentary solution and in the end will just bring more saggines ,back pain etc. The complications with the lift are may occur but they are treatable.

Gustavo Almanzar, MD