Got Implants, No Lift 3 Days Ago and Am Very Happy. Just Waiting for Drop

I had posted on this forum a while back and decided to go with 510cc saline implants submuscular,NO LIFT. I'm very pleased. No bruising, great communication with my surgeon. The only problem I do encounter is pain, which is normal being 3 days pre-op. My surgeon and I decided that I won't need to wear the surgical bra. I have never seen pictures of implamts right after surgery, how do they look right after and what do you think? I might need a lift down the road, but thus far I'm very happy.

Three days post implant surgery

+2

At three days, all implants look a bit high, and you have to give them time to settle down. This can take several months. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Breast augmentation early results

+2

It sounds as though you are doing the right things and have a healthy attitude. It will take a few months for your breasts to settle and you should expect your appearance to improve even more. But right now everything looks fine!

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Results

+2

The only thing that matters is that you are happy.  If you were my patient, I would have recommended smaller implants and a mastopexy - breast lift - at the same time.   You are only a few days after surgery, so you should continue to see nice improvements as the implants settle and the swelling resolves.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

You have great results and follow your surgeons recommendations

+2
You made right decision by doing the augmentation only. You can always get lift later on if you felt like you need it. I think you are good example of informed patient and do not focus on your breast shape till it fully healed.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thanks for the posted 3 day post op photo. My guess is you may need a donut lift after a wait of 4 to 6 months. Again thanks 

Breast Implants and Lift

+1

Hello Sleeplessinseattle,

Congratulations on your surgery; I'm glad you are having a good experience so far.  Although the execution of the surgery seems to be a success, the plan is still faulty.  Your implants are too big, and when or if they drop you will probably have rippling.  You still have significant ptosis of the breast tissue with low riding nipples, worse on the side that you are holding the camera.  I think you will eventually want a revision that includes a breast lift and smaller, silicone gel implants.  But until then, enjoy and have an uneventfull recovery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Great communication with your surgeon?

+1

In general, most patients who need lifts will eventually come around to that because of wanting the shape improvement that implants alone can give.  All you can do is wait 4-6 months and follow your doctor's advice to see where you get.  Hopefully you will be pleased.

I would be a bit saddened though if one of my patients had posts like this 3 days out and thought they had "great communication" with me.  What you are asking should only be directed to YOUR chosen doctor in whom you have placed your trust. How will you feel if you get several answers that don't support the plan you made with your doctor?  This can only undermine your confidence in him/her.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS