Implants Lift or Both? (photo)

i am a 22 year old with 34d im 5'8 135 i am not happy with my nipple size or where my breast hang would you recomend getting implants just a lift or both.

To lift, augment, or both?

+1

One way to determine whether implants are necessary is via an appropriately fitting bra. If you are happy with your breast size when the bra is properly supporting the breasts, then  implants are not necessary. A lift can decrease your nipple size and will improve the way your breasts sit on your chest wall.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift alone will likely be enough. I do not think you will need implants.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Implants, Breast Lift, or Both?

+1

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for your question and photo.

If you are happy with your current volume, then the Ultimate Breast Lift is right for you. The UBL reshapes and repositions your breast mound so that your breasts are rounder, perkier and have an overall natural appearance without an implant or a vertical scar. Your only incisions are in the natural crease under your breast and around your areolas. This technique eliminates the vertical scar regardless of degree of ptosis or breast size. The UBL is architecturally stronger as it anchors the breast mound securely to provide longevity and it does not weaken the skin envelope by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension (vertical scar).

FYI, with time, most vertical scars lifts will bottom out, especially if you add the weight of an implant.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Implants and/or Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.

Without an examination and knowing your goals, it is difficult to give you precise advice but from the photos, it looks like you could proceed with either a breast augmentation with breast lifting surgery OR just breast lifting surgery (if you didn't want to increase your breast size/ fullness).  

Breast augmentation alone will give provide you with a cosmetically pleasing result.

The best way to approach this is to visit with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons and communicate your goals to them to see what options they offer to you.

Breast lift and/or implants

+1

If you feel you have enough volume then only a lift may be necessary. Otherwise an implant can add volume.

Breast lift questions

+1

The first question to answer is are you happy with your breast volume, that is, when in a bra are you happy with your breast size, if so then you would only need a breast lift.  If you are looking for more upper pole fullness then you may also consider a breast augmentation.  With the breast lift your nipple would be placed at a higher level and the width of the areola would be made smaller.   

Breast Lift or Lift With Implants

+1

From your photos, you could benefit from either a lift or lift with implants but not an augmentation alone. Since you appear to have a reasonable amount of breast tissue, you could have a very nice result with a breast lift. However, almost any breast lift technique alone will not produce a lot of upper breast fullness out of a bra. An implant will easily correct this issue, but it will also give you more volume. The decision should be based on an in-person evaluation and your ultimate goal in terms of appearance. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implants, lift or both?

+1

A lift alone will improve the perkiness, position, and symmetry of your breasts, but may actually result in decreasing a cup size due to skin tightening. Nipple size is reduced with a lift. If you solely want improvement in the sagging and nipple size, then the lift is the way to go. If you want more volume, you will need the implant. Implants provide improved fullness and minimal lifting.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Lift, augmentation, or both

+1

I would agree with Dr. Rosen except that I don't think implants cause breasts to sag. I would agree with Dr. Whitt's answer and disagree with Dr. Gottlieb as I find properly lifted breasts look bigger, not smaller, even if the volume is the same. This is what an uplift bra does for saggy breasts temporarily. 

It deciding what is best for your situation it is important to understand what breast procedures do and don't do. Breast augmentation with implants is putting a pillow behind your breast and doesn't lift or reposition it (or change the nipple-areola) but does fill out the upper pole of the breast and add forward projection (perkiness). This is only feasible if the breast isn't too low relative to the inframammary crease and the minimum size increase with a properly fitted implant is one cup size.

Breast lifts (mastopexy), properly done, repositions the breast higher on the chest, can adjust the nipple-areola height or size, and improves the proportions of the breast without adding or subtracting volume or actual size. It does not specifically fill in the upper pole, give forward projection, or "tighten" the tissues. 

Based on the photo, I would say you are ideal for a mastopexy alone with a lollipop type incision. I would avoid the issues of a breast implant and a breast implant alone will probably not be feasible. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implants or lift

+1

Based on the photos you submitted, I feel you have sufficient volume of breast tissue to just require a lift. I think you will get enough upper pole fullness. If you place an implant, you will be extremely large, and due to the weight you may sag faster hurting the result.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon