If I Get Implants with a Lift Now and Loose 50 Pounds Later, Will my Breasts Look Weird or Funny?

I have lost over 200 pounds and am in need of a lift and implants. I will be going from a c cup to a very large DD. I am still at 195 and am in the process of loosing the last 50 pounds but I don't want to wait till I loose the rest of my weight to have them done.

Lose the weight first.

+1

Hello. I would definitely recommend you be at your target weight before the operation. Losing 50 pounds after a breast augmentation with a lift could very likely cause your breasts to sag again.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Best to lost the weight first

+1

I would recommend being within 10 to 15 pounds of your ideal weight before having breast lift and augmentation unless you want to do the surgery twice. Losing 50 pounds will cause your breast to sag.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best to loose all the weight

+1

Congrads on loosing so much weight.  It would be best to be at your ideal weight or reach your goal first and then do your breast surgery, because of the chance of sagging again.  Also, going to a DD is not the best idea as your breasts will sag again with such a large cup size.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breasts and weight loss

+1

Wow!  You've lost.... ME!  Congratulations.  That is certainly an accomplishment.  As you probably already know, your breasts are affected by a number of factors - weight loss/gain, pregnancy, periods, etc.  Some people can gain or lose 4-5 pounds and all of it is in their breasts, others can lose 20-30 pounds and none of it is in there breasts.  You are in the best position to know how your breasts respond to weight gain and loss.  Certainly most weight loss patients that I see need a breast lift with can be done with or without a breast augmentation.  If your breasts have not become completely deflated then the loss of an additional 50 pounds may very well cause you to lose more volume. Without examining you in person, it is hard to give you much specific information.  Still, the timing of when to do surgery is really up to you.  My personal feeling is that your best result will be when your weight is stable and your breasts are no longer changing in volume.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

A stable weight is best

+1

Congratulations on losing weight and getting healthier.  Massive weight loss can result in major loss of breast volume and major droopiness.  Treatment requires both implants and lifting as you have stated. Although you are eager to proceed,  it is best to be at a stable weight first for a more stable and predictable result.  

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Losing 50 lbs After Breast Implants and Lift

+1

I would not advise doing the lift and then losing 50 lbs.  This will create additional deflation and possibly droop.  If you can get within 20 or so lbs of your goal, the risk would be much less.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Disappointed About Breast Augmentation Size

+1

Congratulations on your accomplishments to date. An evaluation, in person, by a plastic surgeon is the best way to answer this.  If there is stlll a lot of adipose (fat) tissue in the breast, 50 pound of weight loss may result in more volume loss which could compromise your outcome. But you have already lost 80% of your weight, and it may be that not much more change will occur in breast size. 

An exam may help sort that out. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.