Do I Need Implants Along with Lift to Achieve Fullness? (photo)

I have gone thru so many before and agrees on breast lifts and I just don't like the way the breasts look after. They just seem flat on top. I am a 40dd and am hoping I have enough tissue to fill breast but I have lost 45 lbs and my breasts have paid the price. I am looking into the mommy makeover bc I need a tt as well. I've had 4 children Do you think I am ready ideally or should I try and lose maybe 25 more for the best results? I want as much stretch marks on tummy gone as possible. TY

Breast lift alone or with additional implant

+3

From the photos, you appear to have a lot of breast tissues. You should have enough of your own breast tissues to reshape your breasts and add fullness to the top. Adding implant on top of what you already have will only add more weight to your overall breasts. The additional implant may accelerate subsequent sagging because your new breasts will be larger and heavier than what you started with. As far as weight loss is concerned, go ahead and lose the weight. It's ideal to have the surgery when your weight is close to where you want it to be and stable.

Best Wishes,

Try the lift first, it may suffice

+3

Dhuss: Congratulations for working hard to reclaim your pre-pregnancy body.  If you can loose a little more weight, you will be able to determine how much more volume shrinks from your breasts and the need for implants may become clearer.   The first picture suggests that your right breast is fuller, so in a breast lift, some breast tissue may be resected to improve your symmetry. Combining a lift with a tummy tuck is generally less painful than an augmentation-pexy (lift & implants) with a tummy tuck.  Also, if you want more upper pole fullness you can elect to have implants afterwards, when the lift volume, nipple position and scars are mature.  :)

Lavinia Chong, MD

Implant

+2

I do not think you need an implant. You appear to have enough volume and really just need a lift. You are ready for your tummy tuck as well. If you lose more weight after the surgery you will just look even better

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Get to an ideal weight you can maintain

+2

Thanks for your question and photos. It looks like a lift alone should be able to restore your shape and volume. Adding an implant adds weight and creates other issues.Regarding the TT, I like my patients to be close to a BMI of 25. It is not a perfect measuring system, but above that increases risk of postoperative problems. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Implant or no implant

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  It is best to be at the ideal weight before surgery to ensure the best results.  In regards to the breasts, it appears you have a lot of breast tissue and I would not think you need an implant.  I think you would benefit from a full breast lift, to tighten the breast and raise the nipple. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J Zemmeil

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Ready for Mommy Makeover?

+2

I think you could get a fantastic result with a mommy makeover without having to lose more weight first.  If you lose some weight before or after, will it make the result better? ...  Yes but in your case I do not think it is an absolute necessity.

As to whether or not you need implants, you have a lot of volume already and probably can get by without them, but I would make sure to discuss this with your surgeon and ask them how much fullness they think is achievable.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

A breast lift alone should give a good result

+2

Hello. Judging from your photos you should have enough breast tissue to achieve the fullness you are looking for, however, if you plan on losing weight it is advised that you do so before surgery as it will impact the amount of tissue you have in your breasts. A tummy tuck will make stretch marks below the belly button disappear and the appearance of stretch marks above the belly button will improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Mommy Makeover Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Implants with Lift to Get Fullness in Mommy Makeover

+2

I would lose all of the weight you want to lose prior to surgery.  This will only improve the results.  In addition, this will give a more precise answer to whether or not you need implants to get the fullness you want.

Mommy Makeover Treatment Plan

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on these photos, it does appear you have a good amount of breast tissue but are challenged with sagging.  A breast lift can reshape your breasts to achieve a more youthful look.  It can add volume to your cleavage area as well.   Whether or not you would need an implant would depend on your volume goals.  Are you happy with your breast volume currently? If so, then an implant is not needed.  However, if you would like to have a fuller look, than an implant with a lift may achieve your goals.  A review of your goals and a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  Lastly, it appears that you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover.   Mommy makeovers are truly transformative procedures.  If you are serious about losing a few more pounds, it would definitely help you to achieve a better result.  Again, I would need to perform an abdominal exam to determine if you can proceed with your procedure or if it would be better for you to lose a few more pounds. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Katy, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Do I Need Implants Along with Lift to Achieve Fullness?

+2

Always best to lose all the weight you want to before a cosmetic surgery. And yes you need a full lifting As for implants hard to tell. Seek in person opinions from boarded PSs in your city.