Do All Breast Implants Surgeons Offer All Forms and Brands?

I plan on upgrading my implants soon and am wondering alot of doctors on this site mention different shapes, brands, high profile, textured. allergern, I currently have 350cc mentor implants and am trying to figure out what the best one is for me. Do all plastic surgeons offer all forms and brands? I mean if I like the 45 allergen and I have an appt with the plastic surgeon and he only using mentor do i choose another plastic surgeon or can he order those for me.

It's the Artist, not his Brush, that will make the difference.

+1

Hi there-

While there is no doubt that surgeons all develop their individual preferences with regard to implants and instruments, the simple fact (that has remained true for the entire length of human history) is that when it comes to delicate work requiring artistic skills and eye-hand coordination, a talented and skilled surgeon would be able to make your breasts beautiful with any number of implants from any of the reputable manufacturers available.

If you had the opportunity to have Leonardo or Picasso paint a portrait for you, you wouldn't ask what type of brush he prefers, would you? This is not so different (as long as the implants are well-made and FDA approved).

Don't worry so much about what is put in you- worry about who you let do so. If you choose a surgeon for all of the right reasons, and carefully, openly, and honestly communicate your goals, and listen to their evaluation and recommendations as well as their assessment of what is a reasonable expectation of outcome for you, the choice of implant will take care of itself.

Do all plastic surgeons use all brands of implants?

+1

I would guess most do, but some are very opinionated about which brand works best in their hands and restrict their practice to just those brands.  However,.the patient really shouldn't be the one to pick the implant. That's the doctor's job. Remember:  "Doctor knows best" Allergan gel breast implants are $5400 at Lake Tahoe Plastic Surgery.com

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

All plastic surgeons have access to all brands of implants

+1
Hello, There are currently two brands of breast implants: mentor and allergan. There will soon be a third named sientra. All plastic surgeons have access to all of the brands of implants. Some surgeons prefer one brand over the other and other surgeons will use a combination of the brands. The most important thing to remember is that there is not a tangible difference in size, shape, feel, or price among the different implant manufacturers. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Using different breast implant manufacturers

+1
Most plastic surgeons have preferences based on their results. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon and ask them if the Allergan style 45s would work best for you. I have been very impressed by the new Sientra shaped round based textured implants for exchange cases like yours. Dr. Keith Hodge is an excellent surgeon in your area who you should consult with if you wish.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Implants Availability in Different Plastic Surgeon's Practices?

+1

Although specific plastic surgeons may have their preferences of breast implant manufacturer, they  are able to order specific breast implants from any of the manufacturers. In other words, I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon based on the demonstrable quality of work, not based on the type of breast implants that he/she routinely uses.

I would suggest that having chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, you communicate your goals clearly.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal”  (and breasts that are too big or too small) are very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

You will be able to discuss any breast implant preferences that you may have with your plastic surgeon;  you will find a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon to be a good resource.