Implants or Implants + Lift? (photo)

Hi I am a 25 year old with a C cup. Iv been looking into getting saline implants, I would like to go to a big size. Do you think I could get away with not getting a lift or do you think I will need it to get rid of the droopiness? The first picture isnt very well because it was taken on a downward angle.

Do I need a breast lift with augmentation?

+1

This is always a challenging question. On initial evaluation of this patients photographs, she would probably get the best result from a breast lift with an augmentation.  However, I would recommend evaluation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and careful discussion of your goals.  Oftentimes, a patient is on the "border" of needing a lift, and the decision depends on exactly what her goals are.  It is a challenging question, but one that any experienced surgeon would be glad to have with you.  

Breast Augmentation Plus or Minus Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination and a detailed discussion of your goals. However, based on your pictures it is very likely that breast lifting will be necessary to “get rid of the droopiness".  It seems that you do have a significant amount of breast tissue and skin overhanging the  upper abdomen;  this tissue and skin will need to be raised in order to achieve an aesthetically pleasing result.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice. Make sure you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon and ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

Breast Augmentation vs Augmentation with Lift

+1

Its really difficult to make any recommendations with just your photos.   A formal physical exam is required to make any recommendations.  As plastic surgeons, we assess your chest wall dimensions and need to examine your nipple position with respect to your entire chest wall height.  Furthermore, we need to evaluate your skin quality as well.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS