Implants Too High; Will They Go Down Soon?

I had surgery 7 days ago, not happy with the looks.I was a size 36b,wanted a natural look and. My Dr suggested 400 cc; I feel like the implants are way too high in my chest and my niple area stiill very low and dropy. Will that change and improve with time?

High implants after surgery

+2

At 7 days post-op you still have a lot of swelling. This will go down over the next few weeks to months. As it goes, your implants will appear to settle down. If your implants are under the muscle, there tends to be more swelling and the implants appear higher. They will settle with time. So be patient even though that is difficult. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Recovery

+1

You are still too early on in your healing process to be able to judge. Normally, it takes at least several weeks to a few months for your implants to settle. I would recommend being a bit more patient to see the full results of your procedure.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

7 days after breast augmentation

+1

I think that at seven days after breast augmentation, it is common for implants to be high. They will take several months to settle completely.

Early in recovery

+1

You are very early in your recovery. Your breasts will change over the next several weeks as swelling subsides, the implants settle, and your tissues adapt. A final result will take several months. In the meantime try to be patient.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Implants will settle... unless you have the textured anatomic implants.

+1

If your implants are round and smooth, your surgeon should instruct you on maneuvers that will help your implants settle to your desired point. Work hard at it and your results will be gratifying. Do it part-time and you may not get what you want. Your surgeon does want you to have the best results possible since it is a reflection of his/her work.

Curtis Wong, MD

High implants

+1

saline sub muscular implants tend to be high. Time and massage should help to improve this, especially if there was any droop before the procedure.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon