Implants So High, is This Nomal? Only 6 Days Post Op? (photo)

I know its early and they still need to settle. But they are extremly high and tight. I did go from a 32a to 450hp silicones. Also there is a huge indent in the middle of my breasts, i think this is fron my peck muscles and they will stretch,i hope??!!!! I am pretty muscular yet small. Hmm help. Reasurance pls:(

Breast Implants High after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although online consultants may wish to provide you with “reassurance”, the most meaningful reassurance will come from your plastic surgeon who knows exactly what was done. Generally speaking, breast implants may “ride high” for a period of weeks to months after the procedure was performed. I have found that much of this phenomenon depends on the “strength” of the pectoralis major muscle and the size of the breast implant used.

At this point in your recovery, your best recourse is continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best to evaluate the longer-term results of procedure 3 to 6 months after it was performed. See if your plastic surgeon recommends displacement exercise/massage and/or the use of a strap/bandeau.

High Implants at 6 Days Following Breast Augmentation

+2

Implants riding high are the norm 6 days after submuscular breast augmentation.  While it is possible that the implants will drop significantly in the postoperative period, your plastic surgeon will know how they will look before you do.  If the surgery was performed with general anesthesia and you were totally relaxed, the plastic surgeon was able to see how the final result will be after muscle relaxation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

6 days high implants are normal

+2

Hi,

thanks for the post. But this is a common thing we see at only 6 days. Give it time.

Your skin soft tissues and muscle are stretched tight right now. It will take time, but your implants will drop and look more natural. Most patients who look like this, will take 3 months to drop and relax. 

hope that helps. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Early postop breast augmentation

+2

Since it's only 6 days postop, it's normal to have swelling especially at upper portion of your chestwall. The bulging at upper part of your chest is not the implant. It's swelling of your chest muscles. The swelling will subside over time. The muscle will stretch and relax over time. Wait at least 3 months before determining if your breast implants are sitting too high. You should follow up with your plastic surgeon regularly to monitor the healing process. I often will recommend use of breast band on the upper pole for a few more weeks until the swelling has come down but talk to your surgeon first.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Because of swelling implants may appear to be too high in the first few weeks after surgery.

+2

The photograph demonstrates breast implants that appear to the placed quite high under the breasts. This is because the swelling within the tissues around the implant artificially supports the volume the same way a push-up bra would. Give it time.

Implants high at 6 days postop. Is it normal?

+2

Thank you for the question and photos. Implant selection is based on your anatomy, chest wall dimensions, breast tissue tightness (previous pregnancy?) and breast tissue volume. It seems that large implants were squeezed into small submuscular pockets. They might come down over time. I would advise for you to wear a breast band superior to the implants and also ask your surgeon to inject the muscle with Botox to help relax them. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry

+2

Hello. At only six days post op you have no reason to worry. Your tissues are very tight right now but with time the implants will drop and your breasts will soften. It can take up to six months for this process to be completed so just give it time.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
You have large implants in a small frame, your muscle is deforming the implant and it will take a long time for everything to relax to get a rounded appearance

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast implants are high

+1

Yes, it is normal for your breast implants to appear high during the first several weeks or months after breast augmentation with the implants placed under the muscle.  Your surgeon will instruct you on performing implant displacement exercises and using an elastic strap.

Dennis Dass, MD

High Swollen Implants 6 Days Post Op

+1

I wouldn't worry too much at 6 days post-op.  It's normal to experience swelling and for your implants to be riding high this early in your recovery.  Everyone is heals at different rates but typically it can take up to 3 months for them to settle and soften and they can continue to change up to 6 months.  From your photo, you could have a hematoma on your left breast so make sure to follow up soon with your surgeon and let him/her know about your concern.  Also ask if wearing an elastic band on top of your breasts would help speed up the process or help with swelling.  Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon