Implants High at 4 Months Post Op, Will They Eventually Drop?

127 pounds, 5'7", and started out A/B cup, and now D/DD. 25 years old. I had 450CC under the muscle, silicone, high profile. I am happy with the size of my implant, but self conscious about the shape of my implants. They seem cone shaped, and the nipple goes lower than it should. They are extremely high up and going into armpit, and my pec muscle seems tight. There is no fullness at the bottom of breast. Wondering if they are ever going to drop or any advice. I see my surgeon next week.

Implants High at 4 Months Post Op, Will They Eventually Drop

+2

I agree with most of the posts.  At 4 months, if you have not seen much change, it is highly unlikely that you will.  A capsulotomy and lowering of the implants should resolve most of your issues. Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon on your follow up visit.  If the capsule around your implants has contracted, you may need capsulectomy and exchange.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+2

It is difficult to appreciate what you are concerned about, based upon your positioning with the photos. It is better to see you with your hands down.

Implant Position

+2

The arm elevation from your pictures prevents me from getting an accurate determination of your true breast shape.  In your pictures your breast seem overly full in the upper pole with a tight lower fold.  It would also be nice to see a preoperative photo to know what you looked like before the augmentation.  You may change a little over the next few months, and there is no harm in waiting to see. If nothing improves, you will require another surgery to correct.  Your options include lowering the folds, using a smaller implant and/or a lower profile.  You should continue to follow up with your surgeon to discuss the options for revision if nothing improves over time.

Donald Griffin, MD

Implant Position after 4 Months

+2

It is uncommon to see much more change after 3 months, but it is possible. You should discuss with your plastic surgeon who can offer advice about using a smaller implant or lowering the breast crease. I would suggest first waiting a few more months to see if anything improves.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Implants too high will they drop

+2

from the photos you submitted I do not think so. I think either the implants need to be re-positioned with or without a small lift of the areolar region.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

High breast implants after four months

+2

Much of the shape issue may be related to your high profile breast implants which are rather round to begin with, and hence the 'cone'. It is unlikely that the implants will drop, or expand the lower breast much further without release of the pocket. You can wait and massage the implants down, perhaps a chest wrap at night, though revision might improve things.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast implants high at 4 months

+2

It is difficult to evalulate your photos with your arm elevated.  Your surgeon should re-evaluate your situation to determine your best option.  I usually want the patient to wait at least 6 months before any revision.  By that time they will have dropped if they are going to.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast Augmentation - High at 4 months; will they drop?

+2

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

It's hard to say for sure - your photos all have your arms elevated so it's difficult to assess and, of course, this is something you need to discuss with your own PS.  However, in general, with larger implants on a relatively tight chest (as appears to be the case for you) I don't think you can expect them to drop too much more.  They can continue to drop for up to a year but if they haven't changed in the last month or so, then they probably won't drop THAT much more.  Again, you should discuss this with your PS.  In general, the tighter the combination (larger implants with tighter skin) the longer it takes for them to drop but the less they may drop, regardless of how long you wait (once you've passed the 3 month mark or so).

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Position?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your surgeon will be able to give you the best advice after he/she sees you next week.

Generally, I have seen breast implants "settle" for up to a year  after surgery. Your surgeon may advise “massage”.

Breast implants at 4 months

+2

The reality is that at 4 months, you really aren't going to see much more change.  Your photos aren't perfect as your arms distort things but from what I can see, the problem you have is more from the implants being high profile than from them being too high.  Give it some more time but you might need to downsize.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS