What Should I Do if the Implants Are High but the Band is Causing Pain?

(10 days after surgery) I am 5'4, thin. 400cc sillicon smooth implants were placed under the muscle (surgery under the breast). The band preassure is causing continues pain in the breast. Is that normal? Should I wear it 24 hours? What else can I do make the implants drop faster? Will pushing them down with my hands help at all or should I continue to wear the band over the top of the implants? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Breast Band

+1

While I am not a fan of the breast band in most cases, you should not allow online consultants confuse the message from your surgeon. Your surgeon knows the specifics of your case, and you should follow his/her postoperative instructions.

VIDEO EXERCISES BELOW: Bras strap helps keep implant down at night.

+1

While I agree that the band does not do much during the day unless uncomfortably tight and because gravity is doing most of the work. However,  I often recommend it primarily a t night because gravity is eliminated for up to a thrid of the day and allows the lower pocket to contract and counteracts the progress made during the day to stretch out the lower pole. I typically adivse the exercise as well. SEE VIDEO BELOW

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Band for implants

+1

I am not a big fan of the bands that push on the implants.  I will sometimes recommend it if a breast implant is not dropping like the other side. Ask your doctor.

Breast implants need to be put in the right level to begin with.

+1

Hi.

I am sorry to sound discouraging, but I don't believe your breast implants will "drop", band or no band.  The band will not help.  It is a myth that breast implants are supposed to drop with time.

Just wait a few months.  Either you will find your breasts good enough, or you will need a revision breast augmentation.

Breast Band Does NOT Help Implants Drop Faster

+1

Even though some surgeons use the breast band on top of the implants to try and help the implants settle faster, it really is not necessary.  To have any sort of effect, the band has to be so tight that it would be very painful.  In reality, if the surgery was done correctly, the implants should settle on their own as the tissues relax and stretch, without any external help.  You can keep wearing the band if you want, but I would consider it optional.   I always encourage my patients to massage their breasts for 5-10 minutes morning and evening, as well as lay on their stomach for 5-10 minutes/day if they are not natural stomach sleepers.  It usually takes 1-3 months for everything to fully settle, etc., so just be patient. 

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.