My Implants Are High and Under my Arms and They Are Very Tight

My surgeon gave me a bra to wear but it isn't doing anything for me. I have read where several doctors use a wrap to help reduce swelling and to help the breast fall into place. it's ben three days since my surgery. Do I need a wrap?

VIDEO TO HELP LOWER HIGH IMPLANTS

+1

I am attaching a video which shows exercises to help lower you implants (the middle two exercises are the most important) and an illustration of the band you have described.

Post-op breast augmentation

+1

Every surgeon has a different post-op regimen regarding bras, massage, etc.. I personally do not require patients to wear a specific band above or below their breasts in most cases.  You should ask your surgeon what he/she likes.

Breast augmentation

+1

It is difficult to make a proper assessment without photos, but it does sound as if the implants are too high.  This will take several weeks to improve.  If they are under the arms, then they have moved.  See him/her and have him/her evaluate it.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast implants do not really drop.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid that wraps and bras will not help. The breasts should look good right after surgery.

It sounds like your implant pockets are just too high. Don't do anything for six months.  Then you will probably need a revision.  I know this is not what you wanted to hear, so I am sorry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation and Swelling

+1
I typically tell my patients that at about 2 months time the implants have settled down a fair amount where they start looking somewhat normal.  But it is about 4 months postop when my patients can appreciate their final result. 
At 3 days out you will have swelling and the implants do generally sit up high.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

High-riding breast implants 3 days after surgery

+1

Hi,

It's difficult to know if you'd benefit from a compressive strap to lower your implants. In some cases a strap can be benefitical, but in others, particularly if your surgeon manipulated the fold at the base of the breast (inframammary fold), he or she may not wish for you to use it.  In either case, it is exceedingly common for implants to look high-riding in the first few days after the procedure.

I'd discuss your concerns with your surgeon. He or she will be the most appropriate physician to guide your postoperative care.

All the best - Sam Jejurikar, MD

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Breast Implants "High and Under the Arms" 3 days after Surgery

+1
At 3 days after surgery, I would not be worried much over the positions of breast implants AS LONG AS the surgeon sat you up during surgery and verified ideal placement before the case was finished. If all was done correctly, the implants would "drop" gradually in a few weeks. If the implant pockets were not properly developed and as a result are sitting too high no amount of massaging, special bandeau bras or magical incantations would put them where they need to be (nipple positioned along a horizontal line ending in the highest point of the implant). Dr. Peter Aldea