Will Implants Still Look Good After You Have Had a Reduction? Will You Get the Same Affect?

Breast Implants after Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Yes, it is possible to have breast implants to achieve your goals (even after breast reduction surgery).  You can have a nice result.  
I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options in detail after a physical examination.

Yes, but the recovery is a little different

+1

I assume that you had a reduction done years ago and now have lost some of the volume you once had and want it back.  This does happen not infrequently where a young girl had a reduction in her late teens or early 20's, then had children and lost her breast volume.  An implant can certainly be placed in that situation but with the scarring from the reduction (both externally and internally), I would anticipate the need for a revision of some sort once you're healed.  The skin does not stretch in an easily predictable manner so there is a lot of hand-holding after the procedure.  I have done this on multiple occasions and although not many needed revisions, they don't come out quite the same as someone who's never had surgery before.  Interview a few different surgeons and pick one who has some experience with this.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after reduction

+1

It is certainly possible to have implants placed after a reduction and expect that the volume of your breasts will be increased. This is, however, not a common combination of procedures. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon  to evaluate whether this would be right for you and your individual circumstances.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation after reduction

+1
Yes you can have an augmentation after a reduction. Though this scenario is rare it is more common after a mastopexy or breast lift. You should still have good projection and shape after a reduction/augmentation.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implants after breast reduction!

+1

If a breast reduction is properly done you will not need a breast augmentation....PERIOD.   If you lose weight or breast tissue over the years a breast augmentation is possible.   In 30 years I have done this one time only.  DrGeorge Commons, MD

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon