Can Implants Alone Give a Good Result for Sagging (Ptosis) Breasts? (photo)

I have been told by two different things by two surgeons, one that implants size 375 overs can give a good result and two that only a lift or large implants 525 unders will give a good result. I'm 34 so not interested in perfect breasts just want full nice looking breasts.

Can Implants Alone Give Good Result 4 Sagging Breasts?Answr:

+1

I really think you are going to need a lift....sooner or later and if big implants are placed to try and fill out your tissue then those big implants will cause more droop and 6 months from now....you'll be left with droopy breasts...just bigger, heavier droopy breasts....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implants Cannot Correct Severe Ptosis

+1

You really need to have a breast lift to deal with the degree of ptosis which you have.  No implant regardless of the size or where it is placed is likely to give you a result with which you are pleased.  You might consider an implant in addition to the lift.

John Whitt, MD

Implants alone or lift with implants

+1

Breast implants alone do not lift the breasts they add volume.  Based upon your photos, you will need a lift as well.

Implant alone v. implant and lift

+1

You have seen three surgeons and have gotten (only) two opinions from docs who have actually examined you. Don't be surprised to have differing opinions from docs who only have a photo. 

The photos are helpful, but I note that your arms are elevated, which may simulate a lift, and there may be more ptosis, or sagging, than seems from these photos. I also cannot tell the relationship between the nipples and the breast fold which is important to know when advising a patient whether or not to have a lift. 

With those hedges, and your stated goal, I would lean toward implant alone, below the muscle, and not use an implant that will make you bigger than you want to be. Either sized implant you have bee offered will probably fill out the extra skin. A larger implant will not fix any excess tissue below the nipple and areola that you may have. Only removal of that excess skin will correct that.

Good luck to you.

Augmentation for a thin breast

+1

You have what is considered a glandular ptosis as the nipple position is normal, though the breast is very thin and deflated. The solution is not easy and might require a compromise. The smaller implant subglandular might 'show through' though if you like the size it may be better than the fuller submuscular implant. There is no real wrong answer, just a shared understanding of the limit to giving a good cover and blend of the implant and the breast. We would suggest a lift only later if needed, and our vote would be for the smaller implant, in a lower profile, and not very cohesive.

Glandular ptosis

+1

From your pictures it would appear your nipples are above the breast crease which means you don't have true ptosis but glandular ptosis. An implant above the muscle would be a big mistake. Best operation for you would be an extended dual plane dissection without a lift. You can always do a lift secondarily but from what I see you don't need one. Good luck!!!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can Implants Alone Give a Good Result for Sagging (Ptosis) Breasts?

+1

Based upon your posted photos you need a lift. Implants alone will not give you any significant lift. 

Implants alone will not produce a satisfactory result

+1
There is so much sagging in the upper poles of your breasts that an implant alone will not be able to compensate for. Without a lift, the result will be compromised and the breasts will not have a good appearance.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Lift Beneficial?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Precise advice would  necessitate direct examination and a full communication of your goals. However, based on your pictures and body type,  I think you will be much better off with a sub muscular (dual plane) breast augmentation ( preferably with silicone gel breast implants)  along with breast lifting. I do not think you will have a long-term aesthetically pleasing result with breast augmentation  done in the sub glandular position or if you do not have breast lift done at the same time.

A set-up to be bottom heavy

+1

I think I know what you mean by "full nice looking breasts" but photos would be best to determine that preferred look.  You unfortunately do not look to have the elasticity to hold implants up for a full upper pole look.  If you go above the muscle you will get a ball in sock, matronly look.  The bigger you go, the worse that will get because of the size and weight of the implants.  Under the muscle is better but you have too much lower pole skin to have a great shape without getting a lift.  The lift will elevate the nipple, tighten the lower pole skin and the implant will add volume.  An in person exam is critical to solidify these opinions but this is what your photos would indicate.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS