Are Implants Ok to Get for Someone Who is 24 Years of Age?

I am 24 years old. I am now a 34B i have wonderful curves and backside, however I am not happy with my breast size. Is there anything that i can do to increase my breast size without surgery?.. if so would the side effects be dangerous?

Breast implants

+1

Yes, you can have implants at age 24. The FDA recommends that women be at least 18 yrs old for saline and 22 yrs old for silicone implants. The other alternative would be transfer of your own fat to increase your breast size. This alternative also involves surgery but is less predictable that implants. There are risks with either type of surgery and you need to be educated about them. As far as non surgical enhancement of breast tissue, there is one option called the BRAVA system. You can google it. This system involves placing large suction cups on the breasts for several hours a day to make the breasts look a little fuller. Although this involves no surgery, the suction cups need to be worn daily and this can be cumbersome for some. Also, the degree of enhancement is less than what you could get with implants or your own fat (if you have enough elsewhere to place in your breasts). Having said this, my recommendation would be to go with with implants unless there was some reason that you were not a good candidate for them. If you are healthy and do not have a strong family history of breast cancer, implants are probably your best and most predictable option.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Right for Me?

+1

There are no nonsurgical modalities to increase your breast size effectively/safely. Whether or not you should proceed with breast augmentation surgery is a complicated and very  personal decision that only you can make after you consider your motivation and the “cost” associated with the operation.

You should start by  weighing the pros and cons of having breast implants in place. You should also consider the potential risks/complications associated with breast augmentation surgery.

You may find the following link,  that describes potential risk/complications associated with breast augmentation surgery,  helpful.

If you do decide to look further into the operation,  do your due diligence and be careful with selection of plastic surgeon.  Make sure that he/she is a board-certified plastic surgeon and see lots of examples of his/her work.

Increase breast size

+1

There is nothing to increase your breast size without having surgery. At 24 it is OK to have implants.  

Implants for a 24 year old

+1

I am afraid there are no non-surgical options to increase your breast size. There are side effects and expected things that can happen after breast surgery but none are truly dangerous.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation is Safe and Effective

+1

Hi there-

There currently is no effective or safe non-surgical option for breast augmentation.... Things that sound too good to be true still are.

On the other hand, when appropriate decisions are made properly, breast augmentation is one of the safest procedures we do, associated with one of the highest rates of patient satisfaction.

What are these important decisions? Well, it is important that you are healthy and that your goals are reasonable. It is also important that you choose your surgeon based on the right criteria:

1. Education, training, and experience
  2. Reputation
  3. Evidence of skill and talent in examples of his work
  4. Level of safety of the environment and staff

Please understand that I do realize that the cost of the surgery is an important consideration in the current economic environment, but I think too many women sadly learn the hard way that if this criterion is valued too greatly (you choose a surgeon based on his low fee) the chances of being happy are lowered and their safety may even be compromised.

So choose your surgeon carefully, based on your perception of his qualities as an artist and scientist, and on your perception of his ethics and morals- after all, while you are asleep for your surgery, this person will be making decisions that will affect your safety and happiness- you want to be sure that he is the kind of person that will do what is in your best interests.

Navigating the path to a safe aesthetic enhancement can seem like a minefield, but can be greatly simplified by remembering and sticking to just a few rules:

1. Only choose a surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery
  2. Don't let anyone operate on you unless they have permission to do the same operation in a local hospital 
  3. Be sure that all decisions made are according to what is best for you (not what is best for the surgeon)
  4. Have realistic, achievable goals
  5. Listen carefully and follow all instructions in every detail

I hope that helps you and that you are very happy with whatever decisions you proceed with!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

+1

Sure you can!!! As far as non-surgical breast enlargement, I wouldn't waste your time or money at the present time...Implants are great for women 18 or older, (22 for silicone) and has a very high satisfaction rate with very few complications....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate Age For Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast implants are FDA-approved for anyone over the age of 22. While it is surgery and they are not eprfect, they are very effective. There are no known effective methods of breast enlargement without surgery. Supplements have no proven studies that demonstrate their effectiveness and their safety, unlike breast implants, has not been substantiated. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation

+1

You are certainly age appropriate for surgery.  Surgical augmentation with implants  is the one tried and true method for enlarging breast size.  Supplements are not FDA approved and fat grafting bears its own risks and complications.  The herbal supplements, in all likelihood, contain estrogen or hormone substitutes and may be implicated, down the road, in breast cancer so I would stay far away from them. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implants are perfectly OK at 24

+1

Women 23 to 33 are the key market for breast augmentation, and implants are the safe and reliable method for an increase in cup size. There is little you can do to effectively increase your breast size without imlants. Even fat grafts are 'surgery' and have a special set of risks all their own. Think carefully about how you wish to look, and get more than one consultation.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast implants would probably be best answer to your goals

+1

I do not have any recommendations for increasing your breast size to the extent that you want without breast implants.  I would definitely not recommend injections of any kind to your breasts.  Saline or silicone implants are safe and will be the best answer to what you are looking for.

James Tang, MD