Can Implant Size Be Doubled?

In December I went through the removal of tissue expanders and having the implants put in. I recieved a lat flap on one side and. They inserted 550cc on that side and 800cc on the other side. I am not pleased, one side is high and a A cup is too big for me. Is it possible to have the implants doubled to increase size. I am a larger woman (255lbs) and have always had large breast (DD, now I just look bad. I am glad the cancer is gone, but I just don't like how I look. Is there any advice?

Increasing Breast Size?

+1

Unfortunately your situation is commonly seen with patients with larger frames; the breast implant companies to not yet happy products necessary to achieve the  appropriate results.  In your case,  besides custom-made implants,  the only option would be overfilling the largest saline implants made.  This may help you with improved proportionality but has its own downsides such as increased firmness of the implants (less natural feel). You may find the link below helpful.

Breast reconstruction too small.

+1

In women with higher body weights, implant reconstructions can be underwhelming. The implants themselves are manufactured up to a certain size and if you are larger than that, you may not have any other options. I recommend looking into a TRAM flap or DIEP flaps to increase your breast size.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Increase ibn size

+1

You can have custom implants made that are bigger than the stock implants but i don't know their cost.Also the question remains and is critical is there enough skin to accommodate this large increase in size.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Replacement with larger breast implants

+1

You can replace what you have with much larger implants. Unfortunately, the largest silicone implants that are available in the US are 800cc. I am able to obtain larger custom sizes for implantation in Europe. However, you could have a custom tissue expanded that is much larger and even shaped that are available here. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can Implant Size Be Doubled?

+1

Very difficult to advise with out a photo posted. But to achieve a larger reconstructed breast is difficult. In person evaluations are best. You may need more tissue transposed to the area, like a TRAM or micro flap than just increasing the size of an implant. 

You can go bigger

+1

You can get implants that are larger than 800cc's - if you special order them.  You have a few options: replace your tissue expanders and continue expanding to a larger size, have a latissimus flap on the other side to add volume and increase the size of both implants, or have another type of flap reconstruction (TRAM, DIEP, SGAP, IGAP) to increase the amount of tissue creating your breast.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can Implant Size Be Doubled?

+1

Unfortunately, 800cc is the largest implant size that is made.  Your situation shows the shortcomings of the implant manufacturers limits on the sizes of implants.  Sorry there is not a better option in implants for you!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

800 cc's is as large as they come in terms of breast implants.  Being a large woman , I understand the diffuculty to match what you may have had before.

Please send pictures

+1
The size of implant depends on the quality of the breast tissue and amount of the skin. Please send pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon