Implants Alone or Breast Lift Needed? (photo)

Unfortunately weight loss and yo yo dieting have left me with a loss of fullness in the upper pole and some sagging. I would usually wear a 36 DD but now have been closer to a C. I am wondering if implants alone would be enough to give me the look of a fuller natural breast without the scarring involved in a mastopexy.

Avoid implants

+1

The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift will achieve the natural look without the scarring of a mastopexy.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue maximizes anterior projection eliminating the need for implants.  This technique avoids to ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  After this procedure, patients feel that their breasts are larger despite the fact that implants are not required.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants are needed to restore upper pole volume, lift to correct sagging. Combination best.

+1

You are on the cusp.  You need implants to restore volume and upper pole fullness.  Larger implant on the left side because of your asymmetry.  The question is whether to have a lift.  Yes, the scarring is an important consideration.  But if you have implants alone, your nipples will still ride low because implants by themselves are not very good at taking up slack.  If it is important to correct sagging without a bra, then you really need to consider a lift.  Not all lifts are created equal.  The vertical technique is best (no anchor scar).  A donut lift is ineffective.   Have a look at patients treated with implants alone and also patients treated with implants and a lift.  That will help you in making up your mind.  I've attached a link.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implants or with a lift?

+1

It looks like your breasts are a bit low and could be improved with a lift. Implants alone will not lift the breasts.

Breast lift needed?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. This is a very common question and one that causes a great deal of angst for women.  In short, a lift with an augmentation will give you the best aesthetic result.  If you have an augmentation alone, this will add more volume, but not necessarily change the position of the nipple significantly.  If you are very averse to a lift, you could always undergo augmentation first and a lift later if you are unhappy with your results.  However, for the optimal aesthetic result for your breasts, a lift in addition to the augmentation would probably be needed.  There are many different types of lifts depending on how much sagging or "ptosis" you have.  Best recommendation is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who can go over all these options with you. 

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

No Scarring, No Problem. Implants for Optimal Results.

+1

For optimal results, you would be better off with a mastopexy (breast lift), but if scars are a big concern you can still get a very good result with implants in the sub-glandular pocket (implants on top of the muscle,) and an internal lift.

-Dr. Michael K. Obeng

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation, however, you will not be happy unless you did undergo a breast lift procedure. This may be limited to a periareolar incision which is just a scar around the areola which is very well hidden. Typically, this incision in conjunction with anatomical silicone gel implants will yield a very good results. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area will show you before and after pictures similar to yours.  Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

To Lift or Not To Lift

+1

A circumvertical lift and implants will offer you the best results.  With implants alone your breasts will hang too low. 

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implants Or Lift

+1

Based on your photos, you appear to be a candidate for a breast lift.  Your nipples are too low. If you desire more volume, you could add an implant at the same time.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implants alone will not correct major sagging.

+1

Hi.

I would not operate on you if you did not want breast lift, because I don't think you will be happy with the result.  But you only need minimal scar "donut" lift (circular scar around nipple).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implants vs. lift

+1

If you are willing to accept some degree of breast sagging then a breast augmentation alone would be possible but if you are expecting firm perky breasts you will need a lift.