Are My Implants Too Big? What Kind of Scarring to Expect if I Get A Reduction With A Lift?

I got implants in Nov 2007. I wanted a small C but my Dr. thought a large C would be best. I hate seeing photos of myself and think they are too big. What kind of scaring will I have if I reduce implants with a lift?

Scarring

+1

An in person consultation and exam will be needed to answer your question regarding scars. You will need to address several components. Do you remove the breast implants or do you replace them with smaller implants? What type of breast lift (if any) is necessary? How is your skin elasticity? What are your objectives and are they consistent with your lifestage and lifestyle? To answer these questions and explore your options, you will need to discuss these questions with your surgeon.

Downsizing your implants

+1

These are good questions and should be addressed by your plastic surgeon. Her is why; it depends on the size of the future  implants, type of lift you need if any and it depends on how your body scars. So a lot of information is needed and a physics examination prior to answering your questions. Good luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Scarring after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

What type of scars you will be left with will depend on many factors. These include factors such as whether you will be downsizing breast implants or completely removing them. Also depending on your physical examination breast lifting may or may not be necessary. Your skin elasticity will also play a role. Most importantly, what your final goals are will play a big role.

You will be best served by in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Communicate your goals clearly and ask to see lots of examples of similar patients.

Too large after augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question and sorry your result distresses you so much.  Breast size is a very individual choice and you deserve to be comfortable on your own skin.  Without a picture it is hard to know if you would need a lift and which scars would be involved.  Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon to address your needs.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Size reduction

+1

If you go smaller on your implant size, you may or may not need a lift.  That will depend on if you have any excess skin, any sagging, and on your nipple position.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Scarring from a Lift, what does it look like?

+1

Scarring from a lift is usually centered around the areola and then down towards the breast fold like a lollipop. The horizontal incision under the breast is sometimes used to make the lift more effective. Scarring is dependent on lots of different factors, but traditionally scarring on the breast is not noticeable after 1 year.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon