Ok to Get Implants Done Before a Tummy Tuck?

I am wanting to get a tummy tuck and implants done. Will it affect the results if i got the breast implants done first? I am just worried my breasts will be pulled down and I am afraid of them becoming saggy due to the next procedure..

More saggy breast implants after tummy tuck

+1

Although I have seen minor lowering of implant incisions due to a tummy tuck, it is highly unlikely that the breasts will become more saggy as a result of the tummy tuck

Tummy tuck will not affect breast augmentation results.

+1

A tummy tuck will not affect the results of breast augmentation.  They can definitely be done sequentially without any problem.  However, if you are considering both procedures, why not have both done at the same time.  This is what I usually do for my patients.  The advantages are that both will heal at the same time.  You only need one recovery instead of two.  The cost is usually less when procedures are combined.  You only have anesthesia once instead of twice.  Speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a lot of cosmetic surgery for an expert opinion.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation will not affect Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason to believe that a breast augmentation would affect the outcome of a tummy tuck, or vice versa.

In fact, it would probably be in your best interests to undergo both procedures at the same time- we do these frequently, and you will see many references to this combination as a "Mommy Makeover".

Discuss this option with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Implants & Tummy Tuck

+1

You can have your augmentation with gel implants done prior to a tummy tuck, but it is probably safe to have them performed concurrently.  There is no reason to expect that the tummy tuck will cause sagging of your breasts.

John Whitt, MD

There is NO reason to separate a Breast Augmentation from a Tummy Tuck

+1

Regarding: "Ok to Get Implants Done Before a Tummy Tuck?
I am wanting to get a tummy tuck and implants done. Will it affect the results if i got the breast implants done first? I am just worried my breasts will be pulled down and I am afraid of them becoming saggy due to the next procedure.
"

A Tummy Tuck will NOT pull the augmented breasts down.

Breast Augmentation (with without Lifting) is frequently done with a Tummy Tuck. We refer to it as a Mommy Make Over. There is NO reason to separate these operations.

Unless there are medical or financial reasons which may indicate otherwise, I would recommend you seriously consider having both operations at the same time.

Dr. Aldea

Implants Done Before a Tummy Tuck

+1

Why not do both in the same operation? Have you seen opinions in person? If not that is the best way to decide the proper course for you. 

You can have breast implants before a tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck should not pull down your breasts and distort your breast enlargement results.

You should discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon (always check your surgeon's Board Certification).  If you have concerns about your breast being saggy, perhaps your surgeon should examine you to see if you need a breast lift in addition to your breast implant surgery (irrespective of the tummy tuck)

Martin Jugenburg, MD