Implants Before Pregnancy

Does getting implants before pregnancy have any positive effects on retaining the original breast structure and shape. Or does the added mass cause further stretching of the skin causing extra sagging after pregnancy/bf. Most doctors advise to wait till after child bearing to do breast implants but some say that having them done before hand will minimize the risk of them dropping too much keeping the perkier. I have the opportunity to have surgery now but want to become pg this year. I am 38yrs.

Breast Implants and Pregnancy

+1

I advise patients that if they are planning on becoming pregnant in the next 1-2 years then to hold off on breast augmentation until afterwards. The reason is because it becomes difficult to predict the changes the breasts will undergo with pregnancy and possibly breast feeding. This is true without implants, let alone if you underwent breast augmentation. Why increase the chance of needing a revision breast surgery?

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand 

Breast implants do not prevent sagging after pregnancy.

+1

It is a good idea to wait until you are done with children.  Many patients with breast implants have sagging after having a child and need a slight lift sooner or later.  Your breasts will change no matter if you have implants or not.  It also depends on the amount of breast tissue you have.  The more tissue, the worse sagging you will have.  If you are planning to nurse your baby, your breasts will need a lift indefinitely. 

Implants Before Pregnancy

+1

Bad idea. Have the pregnancy than obtain the implants is the rule most boarded PS follow. From MIAMI Dr. darryl j. Blinski

Pregnancy and implants

+1

I fyou are planning to get pregnant soon like within the next 6months to a year, then I would probably put off having the surgery until after that time.

No real evidence of problems with breast implants before pregnancy

+1

More than half of my patients have their breast augmentation before they have their children. While pregnancy itself frequently changes the size and shape of the breast, I don't think having your breast implants before pregnancy makes these changes any worse. These changes  seem to be pretty much related to your genetics. The only advantage of waiting is that you may have post partum atrophy of the breast which could be corrected with breast implants later. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD