Breast Implants Saggy After Pregnancy

I got implants about a year and a half before becoming pregnant. Now a year later, after nursing, I have lost alot of the volume in the top of the breast and they are heavier and saggier- What can I do?

Breast implants saggy after pregnancy

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. This is an excellent question, and one very common for those seeking rejuvenation of the appearance of her breasts, especially after pregnancy. Your complaints are likely due to post-pregnancy changes of your breasts as they likely enlarged and stretched during and immediately after your pregnancy as they became engorged with milk for lactation. Now, they have a typical "deflated" appearance as they have settled but have lost much of the enlargement during your pregnancy. Options to ameliorate your complaints would include implant placement, breast lift, fat grafting, or a combination of these modalities. A consultation with a plastic surgeon may help you decide which procedure(s) may be the best option for you.

It may be wise to wait until after you have completed child bearing, as similar changes will occur after each pregnancy. Also, it is not uncommon to have different sizes of breasts, but I would recommend evaluation if there is a sudden change in one side from another, a mass is felt to account for the size difference, any changes in skin or nipple appearance, or drainage/bleeding from the nipple. Changes can certainly continue after future pregnancies. Hope that these answers help!

Breast Implants Saggy After Pregnancy

+1

You may now require a lift with reduction of the loose or excess skin and resection of the descended glandular tissue.

Sagging after pregnancy

+1

Depending upon the level of sagging you may just need larger implants, or you may also need a lift.  Hard to say without an exam.

Saggy breasts after prenancy

+1

Unfortunately, the hormones associated with pregancy and breast feeding can take their toll on a person's breasts. Often times, just using a bigger implant can correct the problem, but sometimes a lift if required to bring the nipple back to its appropriate position. Either way, your plastic surgeon should be able to guide you in the right direction. Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Changes in breasts after pregnancy

+1

Unfortunately, pregnancy can wreak havoc upon the breasts of some women, causing the lost volume you describe as well as a loss of skin elasticity. Your situation sounds like it may require at least a short-incision breast lift to improve the appearance of your breast. Your best bet would be to consult with a plastic surgeon who can make a good recommendation based on your anatomy.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Here are the Options

+1

I have a couple of thoughts

1.  Complete your family (having children).  Pregnancy changes the size and shape of breasts

2.  Once you have a stable breast size you can:

A.  Have a breast lift over your existing implants

B.  Have a slightly larger implant placed

C.  Have a slightly larger implant placed and breast lift

D.  Removal of implants followed by a breast lift 3 months later

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast changes after pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your new addition! 

It is common for the breasts to undergo changes following pregnancy and breast feeding.  It is difficult to predict what these changes will be.  In your case that is not an unexpected result following breast augmentation.  From your description it sound like you would benefit from a Breast Lift or Mastopexy and maybe a reduction in the size of your implants.  This procedure would reshape your breast back to its original appearance.  If your breasts are larger in size a reduction the volume of your implants would help.   If you are planning on having more children I would wait before having any corrective surgery.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after pregnancy.

+1

This is very common after a pregnancy as the breast increase and decrease in volume throughout a pregnancy and breastfeeding. A lift is most likely the best option for you given that you have a decrease in breast tissue, sagging, and your nipple location has changed. You could also try different types of implants if you want more upper pole fullness. I would not go with a bigger implant if you are concerned about sagging and your breast being heavier because both of these effects will increase with a bigger implant. It will also stretch out you breast tissue more making it thinner.

Another thing to consider is if you are going to have more kids. If you are, it is best to wait until you are finished to avoid unnecessary surgeries. Make sure you breast are stable and you have finished nursing for several months before you proceed with any surgeries. Consult with your plastic surgeon as they can give you the most personal advice.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Breasts saggier after pregnancy

+1

It is not your implants that are saggy, but it is your tissue.  If you want more upper pole fullness you need new implants and if the tissues are loose and the nipples low, you need a lift also.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS