Implants before or after pregnancy?

I'm 30 years old, 5'7 & 120 lbs. wanting to get 350 or 375 cc saline implant which would put me at a full C. I'm getting married this year & looking forward to my BA but also planning to get pregnant immediately after we are Wed. Should I wait until after I have children? What determines how much your breasts stretch during pregnancy & would silicone be a better option? Is there a way to know how much my body will change?

Breast augmentation before or after children

+1
Great question.  I would recommend waiting until after you have your children, especially if you are planning on breast feeding.  Women tend to lose breast fullness after they breast feed.  It is hard to know how much your breasts will stretch during pregnancy.  These are all good questions, but hard to answer the unknown.  Best wishes on your marriage and children. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Delay breast implants until finished having children

+1
Thank you for your question.  If you are planning to have children's own as you state I think your interests will be best served if you delay having breast augmentation.  Pregnancy enlarges and stretches the breast and the breast skin and after breast-feeding is finished breast volume is lost in the breast can sag.  If you have breast augmentation before pregnancy these post pregnancy changes can diminish her result and require a revision.  The main factors determining changes in breast shape during pregnancy are the amount of weight gain and the individual characteristic of your breast response to pregnancy and nursing.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1
Based on your plans discussed I would have to recommend you wait till after you have children and are at a stable weight following the pregnancy.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Implants before or after pregnancy?

+1
Timing of the breast augmentation is a very personal decision.  In general I advise patients if they are  planning on having  children in the near future (this is open to interpretation)  to wait on the breast augmentation procedure.  In your case, given your specific plans, it sounds like you will be best off waiting on undergoing the procedure. Doing it this way will  potentially minimize  the number of operations  that the patient will undergo.
There is no way to know how a specific patient's breasts will change after pregnancy. In my opinion, maintaining a relatively healthy/stable weight during pregnancy, helps event drastic changes in breast position… The pros/cons of saline versus silicone gel breast implants  depends mainly on the amount of breast/soft tissue coverage of patient presents with. The majority of patients who have breast augmentation are able to breast-feed, regardless of the incision site.