If I want to lose 20 to 30lbs after my breast augmentation, how will it affect the size and shape of my implants?

How weight loss affects breast size with implants...

+3

Unfortunately there is not a set answer for this question. How much breast volume lost is dependent on the percentage of fat which makes up the breast.  Some women have a higher proportion of fat to breast tissue compared to other woman. These women have greater fluctuations of breast size when their body weight changes.  Generally it is different for each individual.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss

+2

Significant weight loss may affect the appearance of the breasts. You would be wise to lose the weight first and then have the surgery.

30 lbs weight loss after breast augmentation

+2

Your weight loss could affect your results after breast augmentation.  But it is difficult for anyone to look into that crystal ball and predict how exactly your breasts will change with weight loss.  My suggestion - consider breast augmentation after your weight loss has stabilized.  Best of luck

Weight loss after breast augmentation

+2

The size of the implants are not affected by your weight.  The shape of your implants are affected by the surrounding soft tissue.  If the implants are retro-pectoral, the muscle sets the pressure and the shape will not change with weight loss.  If the implants are pre-pectoral, the weight of the breast tissue may affect the shape of your breasts. However, depending on the percentage of fat within your breasts, 20 to 30 lb weight loss may change the appearance of your breasts.  You may want to consider a larger implants if you are planning on losing weight later.  Then you will not be disappointed by the decreased breast size after weight loss.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after breast augmentation

+2

Weight loss may affect the look of your breast implants because the native breast may get smaller with the weight loss.

If lose 20-30lbs aftr breast aug, how will affect size&shape of implants?Answr:

+2

Your implants wont change size...but 30 lb....your breasts might!!!! If you were going to lose only 10 or so lb. then I would guess you would be fine...but 30! maybe wait until after that because your breasts will change size...I have seen many women go a little larger in anticipation of weight loss...and then not have it happen and being stuck with larger breasts now that made them look even heavier!!!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Size and shape of implanst after weight loss

+2

The size of your implants will not change with weight. Your breast size may change, however, because of loss of your actual breast gland size. The change is according to how dense your breast are with actually breast gland as opposed to fat,.Regardless, weight loss of 20 pounds is generally good, if you are over-weight, Proportunately you may be fine, If not, you can exchange for a larger implant at a later date, or even have fat injections to the breast, called by some, fat transfer.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon