Implants And/or Uplift? (photo)

Ive breastfed 3 children and gone to an E cup and then deflated back to a B each time. My breasts cannot hold a pencil underneth them and ive been told by two surgeons im borderline saggy but dont need a lift. Both surgeons contradicted themselves on implant size and positioning however and now im worried about problems like double bubble/ rippling etc. Im 5'3, 105lbs (7, 1/2stone), slim, and i want advice on whether or not i need a lift, min/max size of implants, and their positioning.Thanks!

Breast lifting and breast augmentation

+1

The most readily apparent issue in your posted photos is that your nipples do not point straight forward. If you just place implants the nipples will move further out along their tracts exaggerating this. For an optimal result you will need an adjunctive procedure at the time of the augmentation surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

To lift or not to lift, that is the question.

+1

Based on the pictures you do not need a breast lift and would do fine with an augmentation. Behind the muscle or in front depends on the look you prefer.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Thanks for the photos.  It does not appear that you need a lift from the photos. As far as size, profile and implant position it is difficult to advise you without an examination and measurement.  Your imput would be important in making these decisions.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants after Pregnancies: To lift or not to lift that is the question!

+1

It all depends on what look and shape and size you want.  If you are asking if you must have a lift:  the answer is no.  But would you be happy with a larger breast and lower nipples, probably yes.  Since you had significant stretch with each pregnancy, it is an unknown what will happen when you put an implant either behind the breast or behind the muscle.  This is where you must have confidence in your surgeon and get the right plan before surgery.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants with or without a Lift

+1

Based on your photos, I don't think you need a lift as your nipple height seems fine. I would suggest textured silicone implants above your muscle (unless you have minimal breast tissue). The volume you opt for depends on what look you are after - I would have thought something in the range of 325 - 425.

Maisam Fazel, MBBChir, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Implants and/or lift

+1

I do not feel that you will need a lift, but your nipple areolar complex is laterally placed and doing a periareolar lift to slide the complex more medially would look better in my opinion. I like the implants under the muscle to look more natural and stay softer longer. The size implant will depend on how big you want to be after the augmentation. Look on line to find results you like, that will guide you. I would suggest in the 350-400cc range unless you want to be much bigger.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Loss of breast tissue but no sagging can be corrected with subglandular silicone gel implant

+1

Title of this reply answers your question.  Both submuscular and subglandular implants will correct your condition.  Subglandular is anatomically preferable in my opinion and my practice since it restores tissues where they were lost.  Remember that your E cup breast was not behind your muscle.  Natural breast is all in front of muscle in all women.  Why should implants go behind muscle?

Vasdev Rai, MD

Surgeons Contradicting themselves

+1

I agree that you do not need a lift but the size and type of implant should be based on your preferences as well as a sizing visit. Your nipples are low and lateral and if this bothers you, a lift should be performed because implants alone will not address that. It sounds like you need to find a surgeon you trust. I would recommend you go with a board certified plastic surgeon. I would recommend silicone implants partially under the muscle as well.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Implants And/or Uplift?

+1

Many thanks for the question. You did not mention what cup size you have in mind. Unless its too small expectation after surgery than a 300 cc or close to it under the muscle should give you a reasonable breast size without a lift. This is a suggestion based on limited parts of breasts seen in the photos. To be more specific I would have preferred you took showing your body from neck to naval. You can repost your images if you like some more specific answers. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

No lift necessary

+1

you don't need a lift. The breast implant can be placed behind the muscle and the gland released in what we call a dual plane dissection. Be conservative in your implant choice to minimize you risk of implant malposition and asymmetry. My guess is that a 275-300CC Moderate Plus Profile silicone gel implant would be close, but this needs to be determined after exam and measurements. Best of luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD