Should I Get Implants if I Am Already a 34dd but I Want More Fullness After Children?

I am 22 and wear a 34DD. I breast fed one of my two children and lost a lot of my fullness and they sag a lot more than what I am wanting! I don't want crazy fake looking I just want some of the perky fullness back! I am wondering if little implants would help with that or if that is what I need to be looking at for what I am wanting?

34DD

+2

Dear Anna,

If you are 34 DD I would not recommend breast implants. The measurment of you chest and breasts circumference is very important. Since you are saggy, to get the fullness that you are looking for , you have 2 options :  Full breast lift or breast reduction. If you are indeed DD, your breast are quite heavy and a breats lift alone runs the risk of recurrence of the saggyness due to the weight. In that case a breast reduction is prefered. Both procedures will lift the breast tissue to the upper poles and give you the desired fullness. Be sure to select an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Surgery To Achieve My Goals?

+1

Your best bet would be to start with consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Physical examination and a full communication of your goals will be necessary to provide you with precise advice.

For example, based on your description of “sagging",  breast lifting may be necessary to reposition your breasts on the chest wall. Breast implants may be beneficial in providing fullness/volume ( especially along the superior poles of the breasts).

During your consultations,it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “DD cup” or "crazy fake looking" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.