Can I Get Breast Implants Again After I Had Extrusion?

can i get implants again after i had one of my implants extrusion and does that mean my body rejected the implant?

Can I Get Breast Implants Again After I Had Extrusion

+1

There may be several reasonsl for the extrusion. You may want to consider fat grafting as an alternative. Discuss these issues wtih your plastic surgeon.

+1

Regarding: "Can I Get Breast Implants Again After I Had Extrusion?
can i get implants again after i had one of my implants extrusion and does that mean my body rejected the implant
?"

The best way to avoid repeating a serious error is to understand and avoid making the same mistake. It is uncommon for a breast implant to become exposed. Doing so involves thinned, compromised breast skin (radiation, prolonged use of corticosteroids, lack of blood supply to the skin, extreme malnutrition etc) or a serious infection. The use of large implants in a tight skinned woman WILL place enough pressure on the skin to reduce or stop the blood flow through it leading to death of the skin, ulceration, exposure of the implant and it being colonized by every bacteria on the skin forcing its removal.

Find out WHY yours failed the first time around and you will have your answer.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Extrusion and implants

+1

Jsut becasue you had an extrusion does not mean that you can not get implants again. I would wait  few months for things to settle down and heal.

Implants again

+1

Sure you can. I wait at least 3 months before re implantation. But please discuss with the operating surgeon for his advise.

From MIAMI DR B

Yes you can have another implant later

+1

Implant extrusion is a technical or infction issue. You need to let your body heal after the extrusion,then you can get another extrusion. There is rejection of the implants.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation after implant removal

+1

The 2 main reasons an implant extrudes are pressure from the implant over thinned tissues or infection. Once the implant has been removed and the proper treatment given, i.e. treating the infection, etc., you can typically undergo breast augmentation again. This is something you need to review with your plastic surgeon because every case is different in its own way.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS