Take out Implants After Already Had Lift with Them? (photo)

I already had the lollipop lift with 330cc saline implant. I I was originally a 36D but my doctor said that the lift would bring me to a possible B or C range.....that made me nervous...being I was always a D. This D is a lot fuller with the implant possibly a DD. I wouldn't mind being a full C with the implant taking out...but will this compromise the lift? I am so upset n confused n I don't want to wait too long if.I 5"7 about 130 pounds. If I do take the implant out what size do u think I will be?

Lift with Implants Revision

+1

The implant can be downsized rather than removed.  It does not have to be all or nothing, if you are worried about being too small.     

Lift with implants

+1

A lift with implants will make the breasts larger. There may have been a miscommunication between you and your surgeon.  It can be difficult to predict how your chest will respond without the implants in.

Take out Implants???

+1

To begin with, I am not sure why a lift would have resulted in a one or two cup decrease in breast size, unless your surgeon was planning a reduction.  I will say that often the sagging breast looks larger than the same breast lifted, but in a bra there should be little to no size change. 

In that light, removing the implants should get you back to your pre-op size, though check with your surgeon as to how much tissue he might have removed. Removing a 330 cc implant, particularly if it has been in place for a while, is likely to leave a skin excess and a revision of your breast lift might be needed.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Unhappy after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether you will be pleased with the results of breast implant removal surgery. Ultimately, it will be a very personal decision;  will you be happier with smaller, less firm breasts? The breast lift itself will not necessarily be ‚Äúcompromised" if you have the breast implants removed.

Discussing your goals in regards to breast  cup size is not a good idea; as you know, breast cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon;  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures helpful in this process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast Implant Removal After Mastopexy Augmentation

+1

Removing a breast implant reduces the size of the breast and support for the skin. Unfortunately, there is no way to answer your question without a better history and a physical examination. This type of question needs to be answered in person, and ideally with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with plenty of breast enhancement experience. 

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscobreast.com/breast-implant-removal.html

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon