Will Implants Affect my Pregnancy

Will having silicone implants affect my baby's development and health during pregnancy and breast feeding?

Safe

+1
According to scientific research, it is safe for you to have children and breastfeed with silicone breast implants. However, to make sure, please see your surgeon to make sure that they are not leaking.

Do Implants Affect Pregnancy

+1

Implants are safe and will not affect pregnancy. Implant do not affect the health of your baby and it is OK to breast feed with silicone implants.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Effects of breast implants on pregnancy

+1

Silicone breast implants have not been shown to have adverse health effects on babies' development in utero or during breastfeeding.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Breast Augmentation and pregnancy

+1

There is no known contraindication to pregnancy and breast feeding following breast augmentation.  The implants should in no way jeapardize the health of your baby. Pregancy and nursing may change the size and shape of your breasts but this would have occured regardless of the presence of implants.

Kathleen Waldorf, MD, FACS

Does Breast surgery affect pregnancy or breastfeeding?

+1

There are no studies that show that silicone implants affect a baby’s development or health. The ability to breast feed may be affected, however, the exact percentage of patients who have diminished ability to breastfeed is difficult to determine. I do suggest waiting to get the surgery if you are planning on pregnancy sometime in the near future. Factors, such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight gain, and weight loss may affect the results of your breast surgery.

Implants and pregnancy

+1

have no worries. there is no evidence that implants affect either pregnancy or breast feeding. good luck with both

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Implants and pregnancy

+1

This issue has been addressed by the FDA prior to replacing silicone implants on the market. The silicone gel is contained in the implant shell.  The implant resides in a capsule created by the body to further insulate you from harm. Many woman in this country and the world have born and breast fed children with silicone implants.

Bring this issue up to your plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation to reassure you further.

One thing must be mentioned, in the event of multiple pregnancies or breast feeding a breast lift may be required to restore the youthful appearance to your breast.

I hope this is helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Implants and breast feeding

+1

Silicone gel implants have been extensively studied and there is no evidence of them having any effect on a child breast feeding.   Breast augmentation has been documented to rarely interfere with breast feeding however.  Even though I do not know of even one of my patients having a problem, even with peri areolar incisions.  I have had many patients breast feed after surgery with no problems and most even are happy with the appearance of their breasts afterwords.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

Breast augmentation with silicone breast implants won't affect your baby's developement or health during pregnancy.  Breastfeeding will also be unaffected by the breast implants.  It is very common for women to get breast implants before childbearing.  However, it's important to remember that if you do get breast implants and once you've finished having children and breastfeeding, you may need a lift 10-20 years later as the breasts have a tendency to sag at this point.  Either way, breast implants can give you improved shape to your breasts now while increasing their size at the same time.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

Hi,

The implants should not affect your pregnancy, however depending on the type of surgery and incision there might be an affect on breast feeding. Specifically if the incision is around the areola, there might be a reduction in your ability to breast  feed.

Kambiz Jacob Cohen-Kashi, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon