I had implants 600cc. It's 2 weeks postoperative and my left breast is tender and leaking blood and clear puss. Is this ok?

My incision is hard and leaking. Both breast are still very tender to touch

My left breast is tender and leaking blood and clear pus. Is this ok?

+2

No this is not OK. You should be seen today by your surgeon. This may represent an infection, and any further delay may compromise your outcome.

Post op complication

+1
Definitely call your plastic surgeon immediately and ask to be seen. These symptoms could represent a significant complication that should be adressed ASAP.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

600 cc implants and leaking

+1

If you are two weeks out and leaking fluid and possibly blood, then you should definitely be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible. This may represent, hematoma, seroma, infection, or impending implant extrusion to name a few.

+1

This is not ok. Your incision should not drain and, 2 weeks out, your breast shouldn't be tender. Please call your surgeon and see them ASAP (if you were my patient, I'd want to know).

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Leaking

+1
Thanks for your inquiry. You need to see your plastic surgeon immediately, this is not normal. Good Luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Leakage after breast implants

+1

Any leakage after breast augmentation is not normal. You should definitely go see your PS as soon as possible.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Draining

+1

Melissa...

No this is absolutely not normal and there isn't much to tell you other than you should be at your doctor's office today. If he's not available to see you then you should see another doctor in your area.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS