Implant Upgrade- Stick With Silicone or Switch To Gummy Bear?

Hi All, Its pretty weird for me to ask question about implant. But im doing this for my wife. My wife is Asian 30 year old, 5'5" and about 100 pound. She current have saline implant "C" cup. She got it about 8 year ago after our 1st kid. About 1 1/2 ago we have another kid.So now her boobs kinda sack a little and she not happy about it. Question: My wife looking to get an upgrade to bigger size but still have natural look and feel. Will Gummy Bear do the job or Saline again?

SILICONE GEL FOR A MORE NATURAL RESULT

+2

Because your wide is small she would do better with silicone gel implants. They will look and feel more natural in someone who does not have a lot of breast tissue

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Implant upgrade

+2

Given the fact your wife is rather petite, it is likely you can feel/see the ripples of the saline implant. Switching to silicone will likely give her a more natural look/feel. Gummy bear implants are somewhat firmer and need a considerably longer incision for placement. Discuss these issues with your Plastic Surgeon! Good luck!!!!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

"Gummy Bear" implant not working out.

+2

Your wife would be a good candidate for silicone gel implants (cohesive gel).  There is not particular safety issue with gel implants.  The "gummy bear" implants are experimental and seem to be having some issues.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Upgrade to Silicone implants

+1

Now that Silicone is available, it is a much better choice for your wife.  The silicone gel implants have a natural feel and a lesser probability for rippling if increasing the size.  The gummy bear implants are still in the experimental stage and firm.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Look and feel of implants

+1
The silicone gel implants which some refer to as gummy bear feel more natural, like breast tissue or belly fat. The look following augmentation is not predictable. Some women look like to half grapefruits on their chest while other look more "natural" or "tear drop shaped". This depends on how she heals the implants in place and is not predictable.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to suggest a specific impalnt for you.  The "gummy" implants are firmer and have a textured surface, they are still not available for general use yet.

Silicone implant feel more natural then the sailne implants

+1

The "gummy bear" implants are silicone implants that are form stable or in simple words do not change their form just like a "gummy bear". The have an anatomical shape like a tear drop as a natural breast does. They are actually used when the breast are sagging slightly and only an implant is used to attempt to improve the breast ptosis or sagging with out the scares used while doing a breast lift (Mastopexy). But they can rotate in the pocket created and cause the shape of the breast to be strange as well as being harder and more palpable then the cohesive memory gel silicone implants. They also require longer incisions to insert them in.  That said all the silicone implants feel and look more natural then the saline implant. It is a matter of choice and surgeons experiance.

Best of luck to her!

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon