Implant Against the Muscle?

I am 3 weeks post op. I feel good but during the day it feels like my implants are fighting with the muscles and I don't know who is winning. It feels like the muscle is pushing on the implant. Sometimes it also feels like the implant is folded or something, can that even happen? Is that normal. I have 375 cohesive gel under the muscle.

Implants under the muscle

+1

Breast implants under the muscle will often produce spasm.  This will take a few months to settle down.

Implant against the muscle

+1

Hello and thank you for your question,

At 3 weeks post op there are many abnormal sensations that are commonly felt after submuscular breast implant placement. The sensations are usually the result of stretching nerves during implant pocket dissection and due to the fact that the pectoralis muscle has been released from it's normal position.  If you have any questions about what you are experiencing, I highly recommend you address them  with your plastic surgeon.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

When to Expect Improvement?

+1

The muscle is indeed pushing on the implant, and will do so until it is accommodated to the implant. It is unlikely that it could be deforming the implant as suggested, but a visit to your surgeon would be the best source of reassurance. 

Thanks for your question, good luck.