Can an Implant Still "Drop" After 6 Months? (photo)

I am 6 months post-op, and my breasts are quite asymmetrical. I got 250cc sub-muscular on breasts that were already asymmetrical so I am not expecting perfect symmetry. At 2 months post-op I felt the left implant (right on photo) move downward and it now feels very natural. This has not happened for the right, however, and it is obviously still sitting much higher. What confuses me is that the bottom of the breast looks lower on the photos. If I massage can this still be corrected?

Implant issues

+2

Just from the photo, they certainly look within reason of normal slight asymmetry.  As for firmness, one always will be slightly tighter as the ttwo breast are never the same.

Breast implant dropping after 6 months

+1

Generally speaking, the breast will continue to change even after six months. But, how much it will drop is a matter time. It is very common after augmentation, to have one implant higher, firmer and probably more painful than the other. And with time these symptoms and sign tend to settle and the patient fells better and happier. From your pictures, I see good results. Even the asymmetry that you mention is not taking much from the overall shape. You could still massage it if it was firmer than the other side.  

You have slight scloiosis and breast asymmetery is due to the original asymmetery

+1

You have very good result from breast augmentation. Breast implants function is to enlarge the breast and correct minor asymmetry. Your picture shows that your right shoulder is much lower than the left side(minor scoliosis) and your right breast is also lower.This can not be corrected by revision and you will end up looking worse. Leave them alone and message will not help. Please go back to your surgeon and compare your before and after side by side.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Can an Implant Still "Drop" After 6 Months?

+1

Thanks for the posted one photo. No massaging at 6 months WILL NOT make the implant drop. The result when adding volume/implant to pre operative asymmetry will make the asymmetry appear more than before. This is what has happened in your case. Only further revision surgery will help. Lower the higher fold and increase size/volume. 

Implant dropping

+1

A Preoperative photo would help answer your question, but implants can still settle a bit after six months.  If you have mild capsule contracture on this side, it could explain the asymmetry.  It would be best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although the majority of breast implant “settling” has already occurred, I have seen breast implants continue to change in position for the first year or so after surgery. Massage might help (can't hurt). 

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out complications such as encapsulation (which may lead to an implant feeling more firm and/or not settling symmetrically).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast Asymmetry after implants

+1

Breast asymmetry is very natural and many patients have it as normal like the man has his scrotum at different level that looks quite natural.The asymmetry that I see on the image is insignificant and you need to come out of your shape of the breast at mental level.Its very natural and good result in fact.The side of the implant which did not come down should get more massage to soften some kind of minimal capsular contracture that may be holding it up.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon