Would 425cc still look natural on my frame?

I'm 5'9 140lbs and very active. I have nursed 3 children & am now a small A cup. I'm scheduled for surgery in 1 month & have chosen 425cc. Would this size still look natural on my frame?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

+1

A posted frontal photo would only help advise you in your decision. My guess is yes but not sure. Best of luck. 

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

You question does not have enough details to give you a good answer.  One of the best ways that I have found to educate patients and help them with size decisions is 3D imaging.  In our office we use the e-Stetix system and women love it.  It gives you an idea of what you would look like with different size implants.  You can even see how you would look with different outfits.  If you are still unsure, check with your doctor's office to see if they offer 3D imaging or check for others in your area that may offer imaging.

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com/procedures/breast/breast-augmentation

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size is based on your anatomy

+1

Without photos it is difficult to sugest implant sizes. I assume that you came to the 425cc implant size with your plastic surgeon during the consultation. Is this a 425cc low, medium or high profile, since this determines the base diameter as well. If you want to look natural, and well proprtioned, then you need to choose an implant that is adequately covered by your own tissues without being overly stretched. Too large an implant will lead to sagging, tissue thinning and poor cosmetic outcome in the long run. I would go back to your surgeon and try on sizers, discuss your unanswered questions. You need to feel good, confident and need to trust your surgeon. If you have doubts, get another opinion. Good luck with your surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

There are a range of implant sizes that are applicable for a patient. Considerations include the patients anatomy ,size ,weight and final goal.

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationchicago.com

Sizing Breast Implants

+1

The choice of the best implant size for you is one that you should have as much control over as possible guided by input from your surgeon.  It is difficult to give you feedback with only height and weight to go on.  It is important to compare the dimensions of the implant  to the dimensions of your chest wall and to make some assessment of your skin elasticity.  It is also important to know what kind of look you would like to achieve.  People of similar body types often want different outcomes. This is a big decision for you so if you are uncertain make sure to check again with your surgeon prior to the proceedure.

Web reference: http://maryleepetersmd.com

Natural breast implant choice

+1

Without examining you, I can't say but your doctor should certainly be able to predict what you will get from that choice.  It all depends on what you call "natural", what your starting point and base width are and what profile of 425 implant has been chosen.  If you are not sure, go back to re-review with the doctor, not a nurse.

Breast Augmentation San Diego

+1

The final look of your implants in your body depends on many factors, but the dimensions (width and projection) of the implant is much more important than the volume.  Is the 425cc of your planned augmentation wide for your frame with low projection, or is it narrow with high projection?  The best final approximation of what you will look like, in my opinion, is to try the implants on with a non padded bra. 5'9", 140 lbs doesn't explain what your chest looks like, but as tall as you are, with extra breast skin that sounds deflated after your pregnancies, if you want a robust chest, try high profile implants (since you're very active, probably not full profile), estimated volume 500-600 ml.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

425cc seems appropriate

+1

425 cc implants may be fine for you.  You state that you are 5'9" and 140 lbs.  You are a relatively tall woman.  As a general rule, taller women have broader shoulders and a wider chest and usually can use a larger implant than a woman with a smaller frame. The most common implant sizes in my practice are between 325 and 375cc but most of the women I see are shorter than 5'9".  There are other things to consider such as the amount of breast tissue you have and how tight you skin and muscles are.

During my consultations, I let women try on different sized implants.  I think this helps the patient see what type of result to expect with different sizes.

Most importantly, discuss these things with you doctor and express your expectations.  Make sure you see an experienced doctor who you can communicate with and who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon