Implant Size Advice?

I have surgery scheduled for next Wednesday May 15th. I am still unsure of the imolant size i want...my goal is to be a D cup..but overall i want nice and round and perky breastswould and i want them to match my body. I choose 600cc my ps says i have enough tissue to go that big but i don't want to be tooto huge..I'm 5'5, 160lbs, and a 36A..what size should.i go with??

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant Size Advice

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Implant Size

+1

Optimal implant sizing is determined by many factors.   A full examination by your plastic surgeon will include evaluation of breast size, nipple position, laxity of tissues, asymmetries  and breast-chest measurements.  After such an examination and discussion of patient desires then there can be a recommendation of types and sizes of implants that are most appropriate.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Go with the size that you thought looks good on you

+1

My best advice is to spend the time before surgery and do a good careful sizing exercise with your doctor or nurse.  Me and my nurse do this on every patient, and we rarely if ever have to take patients back to the OR to change implants for size.  If you see a size that you like preoperatively, you will probably be happy with it postop.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

600 cc implants

+1

If you are not sure, then do a baggy test with that volume. It will give you a rough idea of the size you might achieve.

You are shorter in height, huge implants will see you overweight/ implantes de 600 se veran como gordita sin serlo

+1

i think  for your short height 5´5" it will look overweight with so huge implants 600 cc have you  ever tried less weight  like 380cc but  with hy projection? it will look like 500 with less weight

deberias de probar de alta proyeccion  con menor  peso simularan tener 500 cc con 380 cc de alta proyeccion

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Advice

+1

Unfortunately, without a physical examination and photos it is hard for me to give you your expected result with 600cc. Cup size is a factor but shape to suit your body and goals depends largely on the dimensions of the 600cc in the implant.

Given you have a 36 chest, you are in the ball park for a D cup result.

Trust in your plastic surgeon and if you are still anxious, there are sizing kits that they may be able to offer you for more reassurance.

I hope that helps,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Advice?

+1

The best method is to try on sizers and actual implants to get an idea of what you will look like. Only if you like the look you should go ahead.

600cc is a large implant and you should try on a 600 cc implant or sizer before the operation. Take one of your favourite T shirts or tops, that usually gives you a good point of reference. Technically any Surgeon can put in any implant as long as enough space is created for the implant, whether that is right for your body is something you have to decide

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Despite your excellent description of body type and goals,  it is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Given that your surgery is coming up soon, it will be in your best interest to spend additional time to plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Size Advice?

+1

It can be hard enough to pick the best size in the office. On line without even photos, it is impossible. 

I can say that for most patients those are huge implants. If you haven't had a chance to try on sizers, I would suggest doing so before the day of surgery. Going from an A to a D often, if not usually, looks quite unnatural.

More discussion with your surgeon is in order. All the best.