Which Implants Are Best to Use with an Extensive Breast Lift?

Which implant, saline or silicone is best when having an extensive breast lift with the implants? I am having a breast lift as well as implants placed in at the same time. Which implants would be best to use?

"Extensive" breast lifts and implants

+1

I have a minority opinion on this. In general, particularly in "extensive" breast lifts, it is better to do the lift first, let it heal and settle, and then decide on an implant size and type if it's still felt to be needed. The exception would be a breast that is less than average size and too sagged to augment and the patient understands the risks and degree of difficulty in doing two operations on the same breast that do two different things and tend to work against each other. Even sizing and look for the outcome is more difficult when doing both operations at the same time. 

I also disagree that a lift "tightens" the skin. It doesn't. It may look tighter but it isn't changed. Implant fill gives the illusion of a more youthful and perky breast and is the only thing that will reliably fill out the upper pole of the breast. 

I would also strongly advise against high profile implants done with a breast lift. That is almost certain to result in dissatisfaction and the need for a revision. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Silicone or Saline breast implants with breast lift (mastopexy)

+1

The choice of implant has less to do with the procedure and more to do with the quality and quantity of your breast tissue as well as the anatomy of the muscles and underlying skeleton. This is a decision that is best made after extensive consultation with your surgeon. There are no right or wrong answers.

Breast implants and lift

+1

A breast lift with implants can be performed with either saline or silicone filled implants. It is all a matter of personal choice by you.

Best implant + lifting

+1

I agree with the High Profile silicone choice as to which implant has the better look and less issues. The down side is the costs of these silicone implants.

From MIAMI DR. B

The "right" breast implant for you

+1

If you need a breast lift, generally there is extra skin present that needs to be tightened.  The "right" breast impant for you should be dimensionally fit your your frame (base width of your chest close to the implant diameter) and probably silicone for better feel.  The profile should give you the upper pole look you want.  And you need exough skin laxity to do all this.

Remember that a lift tightens you and an augmentation stretches you.  These 2 opposing forces can play havoc with healing if you over tighten the tissue or go with too big an implant and over stretch them.  Don't get greedy for size and go to a very experienced surgeon as this is a more complex operation than just an augmentation alone!

BEST Breast Implants to use with a Breast Lift

+1
There is no perfection in any man-made endeavor or products. Everything we produce has benefits, drawbacks and a lifetime. In other words, we are never dealing in absolutes but in compromises. Since the heavier the implant is, the faster the breast sags and since all breast implants ripple but silicone breast implants ripple less than saline implants and feel more natural-I would suggest you consider having your Augmentation Lift with the smallest silicone breast implant your present breast gland would cover and which is proportionate to your chest cage. A good Plastic surgeon can readily guide you in this regard. Dr P Aldea