Right Implant Rising Up Under the Muscle.

I had silicone, sub-muscular implants about 1 year ago and the right breast implant is "rising up" under the muscle. This is what my PS said via e-mail/photos. (I am right handed) My question is whether this is fixable, and also can I be doing anything myself to help it? What would be the procedure if there is a correction available? I have an appt. with him in a month, but I would love some opinions in the meantime. Thank you so much for your time.

Breast implant position

+2

Examining your pictures does show that your right implant is higher than the left.  This may possibly be due to a capsular contracture. This often causes the implants to be higher and tighter feeling than the other side.  You should see your PS and be evaluated.  Yes this can be repaired but often does require surgery.  Many PS have tried regimens of message to help.  The results are variable but cost little in time and is safe.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Please wait to see your doctor

+1

You have a great result from the augmentation alone. I would think that you had a lot of sagging and your surgeon may have talked about the breast lift . I would try to lower the implant without doing a lift for now.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision or a lift?

+1

Hard to tell from the photo where the righ implant is but a capsular contracture can cause what you are feeling and you will know this if that side feels harder than the other. 

Also, from a purely aesthetic standpoint you really need a lift of both breasts.  Sometimes as the breast sags down it can make the implants look different from eachother but the problem is really with the breast tissue.  The correction of this is with a lift, not an implant exchange.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Right implant up?

+1

It is difficult to tell where your implant is. You look like you really need a lift for both breasts because they seem to sag.

The high riding right breast implant: PHOTOS

+1

The high riding right breast implant is not obvious from your photos. Options for treatement include selective or preferential breast implant displacement exercises in an inferior direction. Open lower pole radial relaxing capsulotomies may be required.