Implant Rippling 3 Months Post Vertical Lift? (photo)

I am about 3 months post op vertical lift with 400 cc mod plus silicone under muscle. My left breast had always seemed a bit Lower than the right and now the implant is very palpable at the lower pole of my breast and a bit visible especially when laying down. The right side just feels more firm and I can't feel the implant on that side. Is this going to get worse or be a problem in the future? Could the left side have been lifted a bit less than the right explaining the seemingly looser feel?

Rippling after Breast Augmentation

+2

Your lift looks very symmetrical so I don't think there is any problem there.  You seem to have a beautiful outcome.  The rippling is a problem that is seen with Saline Implants that really isn't seen much with Silicone.  When you see or feel the rippling, it is commonly on the bottom of the breast or on the side where the muscle isn't covering it.  To fix this, if you have saline, you could switch to silicone.  I have seen rippling very rarely with silicone if the implant is heavy and I have repaired that by putting in an acellular dermis which is a skin product that makes an internal bra to hold up the implant.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Rippling

+1
I think you have a great outcome, pulling cutting and stretching skin will never make things perfect but you have a great size and shape and think overall its a fantastic outcome

Palpability of implants in the lower quadrants

+1

It is possible that the rippling would have been worse with saline filled implants.  The more soft tissue over the implant the better. This is relatively normal.  

Rippling of implants

+1

Rippling of impalnts whether they are saline or silicone is usually noticed over areas that are thin. The lower pole usually has less coverage.  Strattice can be placed to minimize the rippling.

+1

To me the larger breast appear more natural. You need revision to increase the size of the smaller breast. 

Implant Rippling 3 Months Post Vertical Lift?

+1

Photos are not as good as an actual in person evaluation, but these photos demonstrate a nice and quite even result. No one is perfectly symmetric before or after surgery. Ripples are rather uncommon with silicone, but they can be present.

I am not sure what you are trying to show us on the two photos to the right. 

Of course, the best person to discuss these issue with is your surgeon. All the best.