Is an Implant Revision in my Near Future? Possible Muscle Contraction? (photo)

I had surgery on 10/23/12 for breast aug. this would be my second breast aug. I explanted due to my left implant capsulating do to a hematoma, they were 375cc gel submuscular through the nipple. I decided to get them again at only 280 cc submuscular inframamry incision. a few hours after the surgery i noticed a lump at the top of the left breast. I immediately called the doctor on call texted a picture. He said not to worry, that my muscle was spasming. 9 days later no improvement. revision?

Concerns after Breast Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to ascertain exactly what is going on despite your good history and photographs. In person examination by your plastic surgeon will be very helpful to you. Much too early to worry about the potential need for further surgery however.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Hematoma after breast surgery

+1

This looks like a hematoma which is pushing the implant up - at this juncture, a band may help lower the implant.  The problem you may have in the future is capsular contracture, so you may also want to consider Accolate or Singulair, although whether these really make a difference is controversial.

Lump Develops After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

It seems that it could be a muscle spasm that has developed after your surgery but without physical examination, one cannot be sure about it.

Therefore, I encourage you to communicate the issue with your surgeon.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Lump in breast soon after breast augmentation revision

+1

It is great that you are paying attention to your body through the healing process. You and your surgeon are a team when it comes to getting you to your final result. When something does not look right, you should call your surgeon. The sooner a potential problem is detected, the better.

There are multiple things that can cause a lump soon after breast augmentation. There is no safe way to diagnose this over the internet. It is important to follow up with your plastic surgeon to let him or her know your concern and be examined properly.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Is an Implant Revision in my Near Future? Possible Muscle Contraction?

+1

I am also concerned. SEE your surgeon NOW!!! I think this might be capsule from the sub glandular pocket rolled on itself. But over the internet very hard to advise.  

Muscle Abnormality after Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree with the other surgeons that this represents the muscle and some component of spasm.  It is important to have your surgeon physically examine you to develop a strategy to help this issue.

Dr. ES

Muscle issue?

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photos exactly what is the problem. It can very possibly be muscle spasm.  Best to see your doctor to be porperly evaluated.

Possible Muscle Contraction?

+1

I really can't tell what this is from the photo. It may well be some spasm in the pectoralis muscle, but I think an in person exam by your surgeon is in order. This needs more that just a photo to diagnose, and if needed to plan for what to do.Call your surgeon. Thanks, best wishes.